icon

1996 Chevy Truck Keyless Ent. Prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mputnam 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed an UltraStarter 1250 LR-AM remote starter keyless entry system on my truck.  The truck is a 1996 Chevrolet full-size extended cab. Everything works fine except for the keyless entry.  The locks on my truck require a positive pulse to operate and the brain for my remote starter provides a negative pulse. So i wired up two relays to make it work, just as the wiring diagram in the owners manual said to do.  When i first tried the locks they worked, and then the lock function quit working and the unlock function was the only thing that would work.  After that the unlock function quit working as well.  The wiring for the relays works fine. If you take the lock harness out of the brain and ground either one of the wires the locks will unlock and lock so i know my wiring is right. ANY help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mike

Papol 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
there are two different ways to wire the relay depending on if you have a factory keyless entry or not.  If not you need to do five wire reverse polarity or just reverse polarity if you have a keyless entry
mputnam 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

Also, While hooking up the Remote start wires for my truck, ignition 2 is supposed to be a white wire, but i could not find a white wire in the ingition harness that was a 12 guage wire, but i did find a Pink with white wire that was not powered with the ingnition switch off but had power with it on, and i read somwhere that it was possible to have a pink with white wire instead of the white wire that was listed on the printout. Is this correct? I have no check engine light and everything works fine. Any help greatly appreciated

mputnam 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
my truck has factory keyless entry so i just used relays to change the polarity of the trigger
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
this info should cover your ign. wire and door locks
Make:   Chevrolet
Model: Pickup - Fullsize
Year:    1996
This Database Was Last Updated On:    9/16/2004
Index #: 7561
Alarm
Constant 12 volts RED (2) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts PINK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light PURPLE (-) 4 PIN BLACK CONN. IN DR. KICK PANEL *
Trunk Pin Switch N/A
Parking Lamp BROWN (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Power Lock L BLUE DRIVER KICK SEE NOTES ** #203
Power Unlock WHITE PANEL BELOW #202
* PURPLE (-) Wire Also Located At Headlight Switch. WHITE (-) Wire At Courtesy Light Can Also Be Used But Will Not Trigger Alarm If Dome Lamp Override Switch Is Turned On. ** Without OEM Keyless See Note #203. With OEM Keyless See Note #202. #203- See Reversal Rest At Ground Door Lock Diagram. #202- See Positive Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
JeremyB 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
mputman, early model year 96(don't know what early is supposed to mean, mine was made 1/97 and it has pink/white) the igntion switch side of the connector is pink/white instead of white, on the vehicle side of the ignition harness connector it is white. As far as the door locks go, if you had factory keyless entry, you just need to supply 12v to either the light blue or white wire depending on whether you want to lock or unlock. Without factory keyless you have to cut the light blue and the white and wire a relay in(look up type c door locks)
The vehicle info is not quite right
Ign 1 Pink(ign harness)
Ign 2 pink/white or white(later models)(ign harness)
brakes(+) at brake sw or dr kick panel(single white wire)
dome light should be white(-) drivers kick panel(group of 4)
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
If your truck was built 1/97 that makes it a 98.
Tacomacrew
JeremyB 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
It might help if they separated the 6 and 7 on the keyboard, the letters aren't in order why should the numbers be?
For the dome light, if you wanted it to work even with the dome override on(for the remote start) you could hook up to the grey wire on the back of the headlight switch, purple would work but would not override the dome override(both would require - to work)
bigjeep 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Scott35 wrote:
If your truck was built 1/97 that makes it a 98.
  no if it was built in 9 of 97 it makes it a 98

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic