icon

gotta get new speakers now

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Alright I am almost done getting all my components for my system for the summer and basically just need help finding a set of component speakers. Presently I have not chosen my deck, I have an audiocontrol 3.1, two MTX8001 amps for my subs a MTX 6004 for my front speakers and 4 MTX MXS1204. My vehicle of choice (or lack there of) is a 89 chev s-10 with an extended cab. I am doing a wall for the enclosure. Now the amp I am using to power my front speakers is rated at 300 Wrms x 2 at 4 ohms. I basically need to do one set of speakers up front. I have a couple different options. I can do a 6 4 tweet combo with the 6 in the doors and the 4 tweet either in the kicks or the dash. I couldnt care less about the ebrake being unusable so the kicks are open. I could also do a simple set of 6 tweet in the kicks as long as I can find something to keep up. As dumb as this sounds I am not a huge bass head but I do love to compete hence the reason for the 4 12's and a legit 1800 watts rms to the subs. For normal driving I have the sub set up turned way down using the 3.1 but I would like to find speakers that can play loud enough that if I decide to crank the damn thing with the subs going strong I am still going to be able to hear them. Obviously I am going o go to some of the local shops and see what I can find being that my store doesnt carr anything that can keep up, but I am open to all options and if its something that isnt sold locally I could make a trip to hear them or I am also wiling to make a blind purchase and take a chance. So throw out some opinions, I am open on this one.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
What are your plans for the trucks charging and battery system?   It takes power to make power
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
This I understand and is already handled. 240 amp alt with a battery at the stock location and 2 more behind the wall (has a box with a false face so it apears to cover the entire interior top to bottom left to right). I have no concerns about the charging system and I have the deck thing on the go right now. Just have to find speakers, this is by no means my first go around at this, just my latest.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
I know this might sound crazy.   But I am still loving the alpine type r 6.5's I have.    I am giving them 75 each off of a diamond audio 600.4    and as of right now they keep up with a system that will hit 142db on the term lab mic...Take this as you will, If I were in your position and wanted to splurge and look good.     Say perhaps 2 sets of 6.5 comps?    Just a crazy I dea I have been toying with for myself
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
rimh24 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
i have thoroughly enjoyed muh Memphis Mclass 6.5s and 5x7s running on a old alpine 400x4. the Memphis Mclass Components would be a good choice or the Memphis M3 components which i havent hear yet but may replace the Mclasses in the doors with. I'm a little partial to Memphis b/c thats what muh local shop sells the most of and they have performed well for me.But thats muh opinion.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
for some loud speakers, the Phoenix Gold Ti 6.5's will beable to handle 300rms, right now, with only 50watts, they blow my ears and i 'cant' tollerate the level they reach. so if you powered them with another 50, they should get as loud as you need.
im not gonna say they are the best, or close to it. but power wise, they will beable to handle what you can give them. and if you want to power them with more than 300watts i'll want to know what you need to hear that isnt already making your ears bleed :-).
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
diamond audio any one? gotta get new speakers now -- posted image.
everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
gotta get new speakers now -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
Rainbow Audio, or some speakers that you listen to and like for yourself, but check out a number of them that were listed. I like the boston pros a lot. the quarts have been a little disappointing lately. Diamond and focal make some excellent speakers too.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
One other thing to consider is the type of tweeter to use. Depending on your taste of music can be put into the equation as well. For example, rap plays well on  hard domes, where as classical music might sound a little more rich on a soft dome like Dynaudio speakers.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

The RE XXX component set would be really nice. I think they would run you around $400 though.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic