2004 Chevrolet Silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
farnyfarnfarn 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

Ok... two questions...

1. I like the factory alarm system, but really need remote start for cold mornings.Suggestions please on what to look for or possibly what exactly I should get. I Like the driver 1/driver 2 settings for the two different remotes.

2. This might be way out there, but is there anyway to actually get someone to reprogram the trucks computer so as to not read Driver 1/Driver 2 but rather my name or the wifes name??? Just a thought that would be cool.

jonyb 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  

The way the doorlock system is setup on the new GM's, you cant add a remote start to factory remotes.  I have an 04 Silverado myself. 

Go with a simple keyless entry/remote start.  I sell a unit from AAMP of America that works excellent.  You will also need a Passlock II bypass module, and a databus module.   There are several modules to bypass the Passlock.  I have used the ones from Peripheral, and DEI.  They both install easy, and program easy.  The databus module controls factory alarm, door locks, lights, etc. When you press the lock button on the aftermarket keyless, the factory alarm arms, and when you press unlock, the factory alarm disarms.  It also disarms when you press the start button on the remote.  The databus required to add keyless or alarm. 

I have a Viper 791VX, DEI 555L, and a DEI 456G on my truck.  They have been on there for a year now with no problems whatsoever.  The truck had to be towed in one day because it would'nt start.  The GM techs tried to blame it on the alarm, but after I removed it, the truck still wouldn't start.  There was an OEM ignition relay that went bad.  It had nothing to do with my install, and it was covered under warranty. 

Good luck with this, and I hope I helped you.  Let me know if you need any help

jonyb 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention that you cant control the Driver 1/Driver 2 settings.  Just hit the button when you open the door2004 Chevrolet Silverado -- posted image.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  

Find yourself a Compustar 1wams or 2wams remote starter. This unit has keyless entry functions and factory alarm integration. The remotes will replace the factory remotes. You will need the Passslock II bypass like was mentioned. If you are not familiar with remote starters and lack the proper tools to install one, get it done by a reliable installer. It will cost you far more money to have a shop repair a failed attempt as compared to having it done right the first time. If you have the required tools then you might want to give it a try.

Proper tools and others.

(1) this forum.

(2) a DMM.

(3) soldering iron (not a el cheapo one either, these are large wires to solder and they need good heat).

(4) common sense.

(5) time and patience.

(6) willing to admit defeat.

(7) crimpers and strippers.

(8) black tape, crimp terminals.

(9) split loom

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

Astroflex has a module they call an IMHDT1, that even controls the heated seats from the remote....KooL

It "plugs in" to any of their remote starts!

farnyfarnfarn 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

Man I like the sound of that Astroflex system. Do they make entire systems or only the modules for certain components?

Have not seen any of their stuff anywhere around me.

avxtech 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Why cant you install a standard upgrade remote start?! I've done 6 or 7 of them in 04 and 05 gm trucks. Just wondering what problem you were having.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic