icon

savv tv tuner help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snowboarderandy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

I just bought a SAVV TU-S5050 tv tuner and have some questions about the wiring harness. 

There are 5 wires coming out of the plug. Here is what they are:

1. White-FM TX antenna

2. N.C

3. N.C

4. Black- System Gnd

5. Red- ACC terminal

6. Blue- Break terminal

7. N.C

8. Yellow (fuse)- ACC (DC12v) Terminal

Here are my questions.

What is the WHITE FM TX antenna wire? What do I connect it to?

Whats the difference between the RED and YELLOW wire? Do I connect them both to a 12v constant? Only the YELLOW wire had a inline fuse.

Could I ground the BLUE break terminal wire instead of connecting it to the E-Break switch?

Thanks,
Andy
lilchepe 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Andy whats up man how's it going.  Well what i can tell you is that the red wire goes to a 12volt turn on (ignition) and the yellow wire goes to a 12 volt constant.  The blue wire Yes you can groung it to bypass it and watch your monitors while driving.  And the white wire sorry man honestly i dont know whats it for since i have never paid attention to it.  Hope i helped you a little and good luck . peace!
snowboarderandy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
thanks lilchepe for the help. I just need to find out what the White-FM TX antenna wire is and then I can install everything. thanks again
Thanks,
Andy
gclim168 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
hello andy! i want to ask if the this tv tuner that you bought has a good performance, cause i also bought one but the brand is Necvox and it doesn't work well especially when the car is in motion the channel keeps on flickering, it has difficulty picking up the signal even with the diversity antenna system. Maybe you have some idea can you help me, maybe any suggestion of what kind or brand of tv tuner has the best performance.
gclim168
snowboarderandy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hey gclim168, I dont have the tuner installed yet. Its been raining like crazy out here in California so I have not had a chance to work on my car. I still need to figure out what this White FM TX Antenna wire is and what I connect it to. This is the first time I have worked with a TV Tuner, so I dont know what could be wrong with your tuner. I will let you know how my savv tv tuner works and then I might be able to help you figure out whats wrong with yours.

Thanks,
Andy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic