icon

Compustar 2WSS-AS Manual

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ustankya 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  

I have a compustar 2wss-as alarm on a 2003 honda civic si. i have one of my friend installed the alarm in my car and he told me to be very careful not to put into gears. so if i were to auto start my car with my remote, and my car in gears, it would take off and most likey kill someone. any  idea how i can prevent this from happening???

thanks

-=(kAo)=-
tcool 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

That alarm can be configured to work with a manual transmission in reservation mode. Essentially, in order to remote start it, you have to leave the car in neutral with the emergency brake on when you pull out the key. After you get out of the car and shut the door, the alarm arms and the car turns itself off. You then know that the car is in neutral because it was in neutral when it closed. It will only remote start under those conditions. However, your alarm has a jumper wire in it that must have been cut if your alarm doesn' t operate that way now. I think compustar voids the warranty if you try and patch that wire, so if you want to keep your warranty you have to return it to them to fix. You can check Compustars website for more info:

http://www.compustar.org/support/manuals/user_manuals/2WSSR_user_manual.pdf

bzzzzttttt
ustankya 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  

my warranty is already void. i took my car to an audio shop and they said due to liability reasons they wont fix it for me. i try to offer of that guy $$$ under the table but he still refuse. how stupid.

how do i configured my manuel transmission to be in reservation mode??? juss patch up a wire?? what color and which wire? i would greatly appreaciated if someone show me step by step how to fix my issues. thanx.

any one from Anchorage, Alaska with knowledge of compustar, i'll pay u cash to fix it. thanx..

everything still works with my alarm and auto start, its juss that i wanted to prevent it from starting while in gears.

-=(kAo)=-
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
youre friend cutted off the loop inside of the brain module. he prolly couldnt find the e-brake on ur car and just gave up.
the loop is by default a loop. if its cutted, its for autotranny activation type. if its a loop, its for mt reservation mode activation type. tell ur buddy to connect the loop back and find the ebrake and connect it.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ustankya 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  

so juss open up the brain and patch up the loop, and connect what to the ebrake???

-=(kAo)=-
ustankya 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

so juss open up the brain and patch up the loop, and connect which wire to the ebrake??

-=(kAo)=-
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
-yeah you have to open the whole brain to reconnect the loop.
-theres a wire on one of the small guage harness, i cant remember which one. it will say "e-brake".
--tell ur friend to also find the ebrake wire for the civic. ask around on 7thgencivic.com, i remember asking for it once and got it but lost it now.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic