icon

04 Silverado Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Braddo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

I am trying to install a CodeAlarm remote start system in my 2004 Chevy Silverado.  http://www.codl.com/manuals/installation/CSI-400_IM.pdf  The first part of the install seemed to go easily, I believe I have my power accessory, ignition, tach, hood pin and brake switch wire connected correctly.  I ran into my first problem when attempting to hook up the parking light flash.  Accordig to the wiring diagram for my truck I need to connect one of the parking light wires from the RS system (white) to the violet (-) wire behind the parking light switch and the other (WHITE/ red) wire to ground.  After doing this I still get no light flash, I don't know why it doesnt work but i can hear it click like it is trying to work so I moved on deciding to come back to this later.

Next problem, hooking up the CodeAlarm GM passlock bypass.  On this, I have wires going to power, ignition and ground these i believe are correctly connected because i found these wires earlier in the RS install.  The others 3 wires are active ground, key sense and resistance. I have active ground connected to the active ground output (blue / black) on the remote start system.  The yellow resistance wire and lt. green key sense wire I am having trouble finding.  I found a small group of about 5 wires coming down the steering column containing a yellow and light green wire so this is where i connected my resistance and key sense wires.

When I attempt to start the car using the remote start system I get 7 clicks or what would be 7 flashes from the parking lights and nothing happens. Same thing happens when I try to start the vehicle uning the RS with the key in the ignition.  Any ideas on where I am going wrong here?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brad

Mr_Fusion 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
The parking light wire is GRY/BLK at the light switch connector.
The YELLOW and GREEN wires can be found: follow the wires from the steering column to the "MAIN" connector that you can see just under the steering column that is behind the heavy curved steel plate. (held in with 4 nuts) the YELLOW wire is in the furthest left row right next to the RED / WHT wire. The keysense wire is found in this same bundle of wires from the steering column and is probably the LIGHTEST (green) and THINEST wire in the bundle. You can test for this wire using your Multi-meter as a negative signal.
The passlock II system is not a RF type of system. Having the key in the ignition will not have any affect on the remote start or troubleshooting the bypass.
gmoneygardner 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  

The white red goes to the lights and the white will go to 12 v or ground depending on polarity, in your case you should put it to 12 v

Also the 7 flashes means tach is not learned yet. turn key on, press program button 3 times, turn key off, hold button down then start car, lights should flash constantly, release button, wait until lights turn off then shut car down.

silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 406
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
might also want to try @ the bcm for the negative light flash. Just did a 04 Avalanche, and it's in the brown connector, pin 2 grey blk.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic