icon

2002 GMC Sierra Factory Alarm/Keyless Entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
underground 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  

If a 2002 GMC Sierra has a factory alarm (keyless entry) that sounds the horn when the lock is unlocked manually, what could be done to bypass this alarm? My truck got broken into this weekend, and I thought that as long as I locked my doors with the remote that if the doors were unlocked manually that the horn would go off and the lights would flash. This was not the case, they broke my drivers side rear window (little one) and unlocked my doors and stole 4 Bows, wallet,and everything they could get there hands on. So why didn't my so called factory alarm work? If anyone can help figure this out please do! What might I have done to prevent this? I don't understand! HELP!

Nonono333 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
well im sure the fac alarm did work, could it of been possible that you didnt hear it.. hitting the unlock button inside the vehicle will not turn off the factory security system. you can try this yourself, sit inside the vehicle, arm the fac system while your inside...wait for the factory security light to go out, it will stay on constant  i believe for 15 seconds. after that, manually unlock the vehicle with the switch or unlock the the latch manually and open the door. your alarm should start honking. otherwise, possibly when you last left your vehicle, if you didnt close the door all the way, whether driver side orpassender, or  left the hood open,,even if you hit lock on your fac remote and hear the lock s lock up. the system will not arm because a latch is not closed all the way. if all else fails..go back to the dealership and have em check it out.
steve p.
underground 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. I knew how to test the alarm, just didn't know if someone knew how to bypass this some way or not. Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic