Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tuanmerica@juno 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  

Dear members,

I really really need some help!

I am currently driving a Ford Explorer XLS, 2003. The car I purchased a year ago came with a Ford keyless remote. Recently I decide to install an after the market alarm system by myself. But one of the reason I am getting a trouble is the timing of the dome light of the vehicle. Basically, if I use the Ford factory remote to lock the car, the dome light seems to turn off quicker than the way I press on the master door lock/unlock manually. That means if I wire the dome light to the alarm triggering input then I will get the delay too long for the alarm to be armed. 

My question is how I can configure this problem, and would it be possible if I can remove the keyless module (Ford factory keyless module) completely?

Would someone help me this problem, please?

Thank you very much in advance!

By the way, this website looks so organize, neat and pretty! I like it.

Tuan 

misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of unit did u install? some allow you to program the dome light delay on the alarm.  i am against removing the module, it does more than just keyless entry.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 2002 explorer and if i remember correctly I used a lt blue/white wire (-) for the door triggers.  It was located in a harness plugged into the bottom left of the instrument cluster.  it's under the gas gauge.  you have to unsrew the trim around the instrument cluster to get to it.  the harness is about 8 wires. you know you have the right one because if you unplug it, the "door ajar" light on the dash won't light up anymore.  Since that wire is for the door ajar light on the dash, it won't have thedelay like the BLACK/ blue (+) domelight wire in the drivers kick. Now if you your alarm has a domelight supervision wire, you will need to connect that wire to the BLACK/ blue (+) in order to have the domelights come on with disarm.  Just be careful most alarms have a negative domelight supervision wire. you will need to use a relay to make it a positive output.

tuanmerica@juno 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you so much to members, misterjimbo and flobee4!

misterjimbo, I have purchased a Clifford 2way alarm system. It seems to be the best alarm I have ever had.

flobee4, thank you very much for your information. I have not tried your blue/white wire yet, but guess what! I am going to surgery my car again as your wiring color code suggestion.

A couple days ago, it was a pain on my butt to work under the dash board for just figuring out where the trunk release wire is at. Ironically, I could not find the  purple / YELLOW or ORANGE / light green as the Ford manual suggest. Maybe I am a dumb person or maybe because I am not an automobile tech. Therefore, I love to challenge on a subject I am working on. Believe me or not, I finally cut the trunk release wire (purple / YELLOW) right at the plug above the hatch of the Explorer and wired the pair to the relay that I put under the dash. flobee4, you may not believe what I did, I even opened the plastic step (I don't know what to call that piece of the plastic at the door step) at the door entree on the driver side and the passenger side to measure every wire just to figure out which one is the hatch release wire on.

Anyway, would you explain to me exactly where that blue/white wire is at? I'll be very appreciated for your great help. I already called a tech at the dealer, but there was no clue. By the way, the alarm I have purchased has two type of door voltage triggering input, negative and possitive. I will have to open it again when I get more info from you. I do not like the timer between the use of Ford remote and the manually press on the master lock button to have the dome light to be turned off (the time for the dome light to be turned off compares with the Ford remote is twice slower).

Again, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your kindness!

Tuan

tuanmerica@juno 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

flobee4,

Thanks for a million!

I think I understand what you are saying about the "blue/white wire" for the door ajar light on the instrument display panel. What's a smart idea for that triggering alarm wire!

I still have another question! For the lock (pink / YELLOW) and unlock (pink/green) that the alarm trigger (type b door lock) to lock or unlock the door that I hook the relays those are triggering the negative to the wires to lock or unlock the four (4) doors at once.

Is there a way I can wire the alarm so that I can push once to open the driver door and twice to open all the rest of the doors of the vehicle as the Ford factory alarm?

flobee4, again, I think you save me alot of time!

Thanks a million,

Tuan

tuanmerica@juno 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  

flobee4,

Are you still coming back on this forum?

I was working on my car today, and I did not find any blue/white wire as your suggestion. Therefore, I found a yellow/white wire that shows 12v when the door is opened, but this wire is only active when the engine is running. Without the engine is running, there is nothing shows at the two plugs under the instrument meter accept the 12v straight.

Anyway, I think I have to deal with the longer delay time on the dome light wire for the project I am working on now.

Does anyone on this  forum knows about the information on the factory module that uses with the Ford keyless remote control? I'll be very appreciated for you help.

Tuan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic