icon

integrating fact. keyless with code alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
freakystyley990 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring with a code alarm installed at the dealer. the problem is that when you lock the door with the factory keyless entry it doesn't arm the alarm. It also doesn't disarm it when you unlock with the factory keyless. Basically, the alarm and factory keyless are totally separated from each other. I was wondering if there was a way to integrate the two by using relays or something. The FCC ID on the code alarm remote is G0H-MM6-101890. Any suggestions? Also, if someone has a wiring diagram for this car that would be great.
FreakyStyley990
omega 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  

Of course the transmitters are completely separate--this is because they are completely separate systems!  The aftermarket alarm uses it's own radio interface/transmitters to perform arming and disarming.  It is also wired to pulse the unlock and lock wires of the car to unlock and lock doors when disarming and arming.  However pulsing the wires (what the factory keyless entry essentially does and does completely separately I might add) will not arm/disarm the alarm.  If it did then you (or a theif) could simply disarm the alarm by pressing the unlock button in your car!

AFAIK, there is no way to do what you are asking.  To have an alarm that uses the factory transmitters then you have to get a keyless entry interface alarm such as the Omega AL-100H or the Directed Hornet 700T.  These will give full alarm functions to the factory keyless remote, they come with no transmitters and simply interface the factory keyless system.

However, you will not get some features that some high-end alarms have, nor will you get the range that aftermarket alarms have. 

In short, you CANNOT have it both ways.  You either have to use aftermarket transmitters with an aftermarket alarm system or use the OEM transmitters with the decreased range and an add-on alarm as mentioned above.

freakystyley990 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
OK. I get it. However, is it possible to get the code alarm remote to unlock and lock the doors with arming and disarming? Also, I would still appreciate a wiring diagram for this vehicle (2002 Sebring Convertible) if anyone has it.
FreakyStyley990
omega 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

It doesn't already unlock and lock the doors with arming and disarming?  What model is the Code Alarm alarm?  Almost every modern-day alarm system I can think of has keyless entry features so if it doesn't lock/unlock then it is more than likely the dealer just didn't hook up the lock/unlock activation (and relays if applicable) for lock and unlock for some stupid reason.

Try looking in the vehicle wire information forum for your car.  If it isn't there, post a message there with your car year/make/model and a request for wire colours in the title.  Ususally, someone will post the colours for you quickly in the other forum.

Also note that there are already wire colours listed for the 2000 Sebring Convertible on the 12Volt's "Requested Wire Information" page.  If the 2000 is the same as the 2001 those wires SHOULD also work on the 2001.  If there is a signifcant difference between the 2001 and the 2000, you should get the wires for the 2001 specifically.

freakystyley990 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks. You might say the guys at my dealership aren't the brightest crayons in the box. How will I know if I need to use relays to hook it up?
FreakyStyley990
omega 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2002 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

Check the install manual for the alarm. If you don't have it see if you can get it from Code Alarm's website.  You also have to know what kind of lock/unlock protocol your car uses.

Also note that I edited the above message in regards to the Sebring wiring info question.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic