icon

Looking for 2 way RS with excellent range

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ajusted 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

I'm looking for recommendations for a remote start only (no alarm) that is two way and has excellent transmitter range to install myself.  I know many of you on this site have a great deal of experience installing and selling remote starts and know which ones are quality.  I would very much apprieciate your input.  How about the Ultra Start 3265 or 3365.  Does it actually acieve the advertised range and does anyone know where I might be able to buy for self install.  I am open to look at any make.  This will installed in a 2000 Silverado.

Thanks,

Ajusted

gfella2000 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
DEI 2 way alarm R/S systems have always been the best in range and in quality  in my book
gfella 20000000000
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

Just what do you want it to do??  Big metal buildings give remote starters troubles.   I looked at a few,  popular brands sold locally by me were Astrostart, compustar and Autostart.  UltraStart seemed to be only handled by one company in the city and they weren't close by.  Ultrastart advertises on the Radio lots and boast of the best range in the industry.   For the basic 2way FM remote with no alarm I narrowed it down to the Autostart 2300 and AstroStart 2205.  I went with the Autostart because I could get it a $100 cheaper and I had installed them before.   I have no complaints it was an easy install nothing fancy.  It's rated at 2500 or 3000ft of range, I'm sure there are many other brands with a better range. 

My brother-inlaw has a top of the line ultra start in his company truck.  It has the LED screen and all the extra's.  He says it works good but eats batteries!  In the winter he says the battery only lasts 3 weeks.  I think it's suppost to have a range of  1 1/2 miles though!  

AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
I will say my Ultra Start 4500 is great. The range is VERY impressive, I have been over a mile away and started my car....All depends on your enviroment as to how far it will work!
theronsmith 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have been impressed with the Compustar. Works great!
chevy II
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

Compustar.....more than likely the best range, and the most reliable. But this ones a battery eater too, range deminishes quickly. I cant for the life of me, understand why anyone would need to fire their vehicle from a mile away. If you need to get ahead because its COLD, set the run time up. For me.....it would OF COURSE be astroflex.

Rock solid performance, NOT a battery eater, and more than enough range. Lots of cool features like a temp monitor, car finder , and  run times adjustable from the remote, 4 programable outp[uts.....OK Ive said enough!!!

tooler 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
I have a Ultrastart 3560 2way. It says it has a range of 5000 ft. I have had good luck with it and it does not eat batteries like the 3255 does.
Tooler
Ajusted 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks to all who responded.  For those with the Ultrastart, do you find that you have to have line of sight for range?  I work at the airport and would like to be able to start the truck from the terminal ramp.  Employee parking is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile with buildings in between.  Tooler you say your Ultrastart 3560 does not use batteries as fast.  About how often do you have to replace them?

Ajusted

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic