icon

Electronic Crossover

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

I have had it with my systems playing all ranges on all my speakers. My subs go from 90 down, and my 6x9's and 6 1/2 are forced to play everything thrown at them (it's kinds neat to watch my 6x9's play 20 Hz). What's is yall's recommendations for a an electronic crossover? Give me some good cheap ones, and some good expensive ones. I wanna know opinions on all kinds so I get a good idea of what is out there.                               

If it's necessary to know..........Pioneer DEH-P4600MP, Pioneer G series 6 1/2 4 ways, Blaupunkt 6x9's, Pyramid Power Pro 12". [ All pairs] Planet Audio 400x4 and Boss Riot 850 mono AB block. I am abuot to get my Planet Audio VC12D subs, but until then, I want to fix this. I doubt the change in subs really affects it that much.

Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
You doubted way wrong when it comes to subs ant that amp. If you are putting pioneer, blaupunkt, and planet audio in there, you don't want anything pyramid and boss. Get a pioneer sub/Planet audio and the same with an amp.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
Oh good eq's: Audio control (Not that expensive)
Hi end eq's: Zapco, MMATS
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
You can get a MTX cossover that will run you about 100-120 bucks retail in a store. Past that the audiocontrol is a good suggestion. My question is, does your 4 channel not have a crossover built in?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Uthink....I'm tryin to get rid of the pyramid and boss stuff, but it was free, and free stuff is the best stuff (at least to my wallet)  Raven.it does, I just can't seem to get what I want out of it. I don't really want my door playing very low, and same with my 6x9's, though I'm okay with them playing lower than the doors. The subs are cut aat 90, which is fine, but definetely ready to get new one, cause below 35 Hz, it steadily loses tenacity for me.  Where would I find this audio control stuff, I know where I can get the MTX at. Thanks for the suggestions, and for the rest of you, feel free to give more ideas.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

Cheap - use capacitors wired to the speaker input.  Look up a caculator for the values you'll need, or just post the Hz and slope you want, and I'm shure someone will help you out. Actually, now that I look at it, there is a caculator here, at https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/crosscalc.asp

Of course, this is the ultra-cheap solution, and won't sound as good as an electronic crossover (which is what you asked for, sorry)  As far as electronic crossovers, I'd go with a AudioControl 3XS or 4XS.  They arn't cheap (compared to capcators :) ), but they arn't the best.  However, audiocontrol products probally are the best "bang for the buck" (no pun intended ;) )

-Drew

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic