the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Never seen a company so low

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
Damn, Rob... you SURE you ain't a lawyer? LOL
A warning to those who do not like (potentially) strong language - Here it comes... You were warned!
I gotta say this sounds a lot like Microsoft and the copyrighting of the word "Windows" - which they actually tried to do. That, and the Lindows BS they went thru recently... THAT company had to change their product name to Linspire. Ford said Kawasaki couldn't use Zephyr - it became the ZR line of motorcycles. A motorcycle! NOT A CAR! AND a car that hadn't been produced in twenty+ years! (and quite honestly, the Ford rep would have hurt the Kawasaki rep WAY MORE than the other way around) Corporate BASTARDS, all of 'em. I never did believe the BS about the Monster Cables (send me a BILL, jag-off - don't want to be accused of using a copy"right" out of school) and all of the magic perfomance attributes, (wire is wire - ask me about GEOMETRY, and we'll talk) but if I DID believe it, and I WAS willing to use their products, this would certainly sour my opinion of the company. Here is my official boycott notice. I will never even recommend these products again, which I did do at one time, but I think now I'll use Kimber.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
After reading this post I think I have found a way to become rich.  I don't think any one have copyrighted the alphabets and all of the words in the dictionary.  Maybe I will find a way to do that an just sue people for typing or just talking at all.  I understand monster position when it comes to the big companies because they don't give a darn about U.  Trust me I've been in the corporate world from 10yrs and have seen it all.  The big companies bring in about 1bil+ over a year and will sue you if you have an accident and damage any of the property regadless of its' value.  
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I've read this a 2nd time. Got a few opinions.

Concerning "Monster" being a distinguished name, I've never heard of this freaking company before this. THEY ARE NOT THE MOST POPULAR PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. Hell, I bet 75% of the companies getting smacked were like who the hell is that? I mean lets see, Disney's Monster Inc or Monster Cable or what ever the hell it is... Hmmm, yeah, I know who I was familiar with first.

This is just BS and proves to the failing system America is accepting, only so long before this revolution thing begins again, you know, like what happened against the British (Twice  or moreI think) and France. Stuff like this is just a nice consistent fuel. Protecting your name is one thing (Using a logo or a believable product reference/rip off) but pursuing companies with 100% no connection to you is ridiculous. And I don't count their name as a connection, you gonna go after the writer of the Munsters next for association to the name? Come on. This is absurd. Get the w**ker out of the hole and focus on being a justified business and not greedy.

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
mjvandermuss 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
alright, i have used Monster in nearly every install i have done.  thanks to whoever brought this up, i will no longer support these "FRIVOLOUS" lawsuits.  now that they are gone, i need to find a new major supplier.  any suggestions?
Cpl Moose
USMC Iraq
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic