icon

96 cherokee door lock problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackarbxj 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed a viper 350HV in my 96 cherokee. I hooked up the green and blue output wires from the 451m respectively to the pink/purp and org/purp and the purple fused wire to 12V and left the brown and white wires not hooked up. The lock and unlock work with the alarm remote but the lock and unlock do not work from the switch on the driver's side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

is it a cherokee or grand cherokee there is a big diff in wiring the locks are negative on the cherokee so if you hooked the violet to 12 v the switch or factory relays could be burnt and if its a grand you should use a 455t so you dont have to go into both front doors and put 2 relays in each

tj
blackarbxj 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

it is a regular "little"cherokee, i was told to put the purle to 12v because it is a positive trigger. When the wires from the 451m are taken off from the pnk/purp and org/purp the door locks function properly.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic