icon

Bluetooth addon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dsteinmann 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Is there and such thing for a after market Headunit to use your bluetooth phone with?
trashcan 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
I installed the Motorola bluetooth car hands free kit myself and it works flawlessly. no need to wear the headset..excellent sound quality and easy navi buttons with indicator lights.  Don't get the headset one....u will regret if u do.
kornballe 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

Dear trashcan - may I ask you a question about my Motorola IHF1000 hands-free car kit?  The kit has line level outputs to enable usage of the car's stereo speaker(s).  I have a newer Clarion system (with mute wire) and all my low-level line outputs go to stereo amps.  What is the best way to integrate the IHF1000 line outs into my stereo line outs?  Perhaps some sort of relay configuration that triggers off of the mute line from the IHF1000?  Thanks for listening.. 

Ron
jazmill7312 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

I just purchase the new Motorola Bluetooth car kit (IHF1000) to use with my Pioneer AVIC N2. Can anyone let me know the best way to connect? I know that the AVIC N2 has a cell phone mute as well.

Thanks

jazmill
kornballe 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

Check out this thread, and perhaps the manual too...

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=52360&KW=kornballe

Ron
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

Dsteinmann,

As you can see from these posts.......yes, there are many options for an aftermarket unit compatible with Blue Tooth. You will not find it in many company's lower line units, but most of them have a tel. mute in their mid line on up.There are kits for this application.

Or, there are Blue Tooth kits that utilize an FM modulator. This enables you to connect to most any HU.

overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

To my knowledge there is no HU around with bluetooth capability built into it, the reason being that HU are usually kpet for sometime, several years usually but phones are replaced often, and your next phone will have a new software version of the Bluetooth software that mosl likely wont be compatible with your head unit.your best option is to get the handsfree kit for yourphone and use that way, this has telemute wire that you connect to your head unit, the other option is that ifyour head unit doesn't have telemute then you can use a relay to lift the acc connection from it switching your head unit off and then switching it back on when you finish your call.

Hope this helps, anymore questions feel free to email me or PM or simply post inhere.

Check all advice given with a meter
jazmill7312 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic