icon

2003 Saturn Vue tach signal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woosh 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
what is the most simple way to get to the tach signal. Can you get it behind the insrument cluster or do you have to get it from a coil pack or injector, if so which wire and where is the coil pack or injector? I have done many remote starts before and this is the hardest to get a tach signal from this vehicle.
woosh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Sorrey I forgot, it is a 3.0 V-6 engine.
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have always gone to an injector, works everytime for me...kinda awkward but you'll get use to it. It's also the odd one out which I believe is yellow.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

Astrochart shows the tach at the PCM on the drivers side of the firewall under the hood. (next to the brake booster)

Left side!   Blue/white

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
hey there, yes, i beleive there is a easy way to get  a tach signal, i ran into the same prob with another vue and it was in harness to the drivers side of the engine, i've got it wrote down at the shop and i'll take a look and post it  asap for ya.  not 100% sure if it's for the same vehicle but heck, it's worth a shot
woosh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks stang351w, I'll be waiting.
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
alright...sorry for the delay, this one is for a 2002 saturn vue, not sure the engine size anymore, but check fuse box behind the battery on the power tap side (closet to the engine) there should be  connector with a yellow/black wire which goes to the injectors. that's the wire i used and it did work (after the third time of trying different locations )  anyway, give it a shot and let me know

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic