need stereo advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dtwizzy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

where to start?

first off all what amp do u recommend for 2 10" Infinity 1000(250rms) subs? list some examples if possible... i need something that is able to push them good, but not to expensive, just something that meets the max output. what is the min rms or watts i should be looking for in an amp?

secondly.......i got two 6.5" infinity 6000cs component speakers 270w (with x-overs, and tweeters), as well as 2 6x9" 3 way infinity 300w(100rms) speakers, and i have a 200 w hinfonics amp........what should i run though the amp? both or just one, or should i run one through the amp and the other though the deck (deck is 50wx4), which one through which?

thanx

wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

use the Infinity Reference 610A  mono amp it will give you about 600 rms at 2 ohm. 299.00 run these 2 subs in parallel running both + to  the + on the amp and both - to the - on the amp this will produce a 2 ohm load

Infinity Reference 750A 111 X4 for 299

or the Infinity Reference 752A 142 X 2 for 150.00 and run this to your fronts and your rears with your deck. this amp is better for your budget but I would chill out some more for the 4 ch.

dtwizzy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

how about rockford fosgate 451s? i have an offer for it 

• 115W x 2 Car Amplifier
  • 115 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
  • 225 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
  • 450 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
  • Stereo or bridged mono output
  • 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
  • Tri-Way capable
  • esmith69 
    Gold - Posts: 1,511
    Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
    Posted: January 07, 2005 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
    which model are these subs?  cuz that affects what amp you'd want to be looking at (particularly if they are DVC or have voice coils other than the standard 4 ohms).
    also, do you have a model number for the hifonics amp?
    Ethan
    -----
    "Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
    Donate to the12volt.com
    dtwizzy 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: January 07, 2005 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
    as for the subs, one is 1030w and the other 1020w, but i don't think there is a big difference there, one is newer model, they both got the same specs...
    Power Handling, RMS: 250 Watts
    Power Handling, Peak: 1000 Watts
    Sensitivity: 90dB
    Frequency Response (”¾3dB): 25Hz - 250Hz
    Mounting Depth: 5-3/4"
    Impedance: 4 Ohms
    Dual voice coil : No
    the Hinfonics amp is Gemini(model)- 4 channel.....i can't get the specs on it, but i don't think it matters that much, i think its good enough to push the 6.5" component system speakers or the 6x9"......as long as something is amplifying the speakers, its all good....but i dunno which are better to run though the amp, the fronts or the rears and which though the deck
    esmith69 
    Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
    Posted: January 07, 2005 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

the problem with that particular fosgate amp is that it's only stable down to 4 ohms when bridged.  Since you have two subs, this is what you'd be doing.  You'd have to wire them up in just plain old stereo, which means each sub would get only 115W RMS.  Still a lot of power but probably not enough for what you're looking for.

With that infinity amp, since it's 2-ohm stable, you'd wire the two speakers in parallel, and get 300 watts RMS per sub.

Why not power the fronts and the rears from the hifonics amp?  2 channels for the fronts and 2 channels for the rears.  Even if it doesn't put out a lot of power, it'll still be more than the amp that's built into the head unit.

Ethan
    -----
    "Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
    Donate to the12volt.com
    Drewt 
    Copper - Posts: 183
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: January 07, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

Look for an Alpine MRD-M301 amp.  I have the M501 model driving my DVC kappa, and It's great.  Don't pay retail for it though, us froogle!

-Drew

dtwizzy 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
    now when i look for an amp....do i look for 2 channel because its two subs or it doesn't matter??
    also, what specs do I look for such as the
    RMS Power at 2 Ohms .....how many watts min?
    RMS Power at 4 Ohms
    and how does brigded power work, ie.what needs to be done, what is required....(i know its a stupid question, but hey i'm a newbie at this)
    esmith69 
    Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not very good at explaining concepts, so I suggest you check out this site for more of the background info and concepts.

Series/parallel impedence

Amplifier Bridging

Speaker ratings

Ethan
    -----
    Donate to the12volt.com
    dtwizzy 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
    i just though about it for a sec....and i guess i answered my own questions 'whether it matters to get one or two or so on channel amp'
    if i get the mono, then like u said i can run parallel, both the +of the subs to the single + on the amp and same for the -
    if it was two then i can connect the +from one sub to the 1st +on the amp and the other + from the other sub to the other + 2nd on the amp.......so i guess i'm starting to graps some knowledge.....this is obvious to you guys, but to me its something new
    Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic