Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
please help!
Brian
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

These learning modules are a little tricky on the PK3. If I were you I would recheck all connections, (grounds are very  important). If this module needs a ground when running wire MAKE SURE ITS CONNECTED to the R/S. Reprogram the bypass module. Do the light come on if you leave the key in the ignition while remote starting???

Craig.

homey88 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  

no it goes out!

Brian
Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

Homey, do you have the orange wire from the bypass module hooked to a (-) GROUND when running source??

Also if this transponder has a pre-fab loop, cut it off and peel back enough wire to make two loops around the ignition. When you try to remote start the car make sure the other factory key is not in the car. From what you are telling me, your bypass isn't working at all, because the PK3 system will not read two keys (codes) at the same time, so if the car started remotely with the key in the ignition the other in the box dider't do its job.

Craig.

homey88 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass works, car starts everytime it just leaves the security light on and dosent go out unless i turn off and restart with key. the orenge is hooked to constant ground as per instructons, red to crank wire and blue to ignition ground(bypass output wire on starter). what is a keysense wire, where is it, on the car somebody said i have to hook it up but im not sure where and what it is.  Thanks for the help.
Brian
Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

I have never had to hook up a keysence wire on a PK3 system, but what this wire does is is sends a (-) negitive signal to the ECM when the key is in the ignition. This wire is Light Green in the ignition harness, and will show (-) when the key is in the ignition.  You need to hook this up to a negitive output when the Remote Start is activated. (ground out when running).

Craig.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic