icon

Boa 265B Remote Start 99 neon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
astrain1970442 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everybody! I'm installing a BOA265B in a 99 Dodge Neon. I have the door locks working great but I'm having real issues with the remote start function. Its pretty much impossible to get BOA tech on the line so maybe someone out there can provide some advice? This how I have the BOA wired to the car. The parking lights flash and locks work but I get nothing from the remote start funtion
Relay Heavy Gauge
                   BOA        -            Veh
Starter       Purple      to        Yellow
12V             Red        to        Pnk/blk
Acc           Orange     to        Blk/Orange
Ign             Pink        to          Dark Blue
12V             Red        to           Pnk/blk
2nd Ing      NA
Any advice is welcomed! Thanks
Boa 265B Remote Start 99 neon -- posted image.
snguyen 
Silver - Posts: 281
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
TACH SENSORGRY/LT.BLUPCM DR STRUT TOWER

BRAKEWHT/TAN (+)AT BRAKE SWITCH

DiscoKing 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having the exact same issue.  I have gone over the wiring several times and compared with a couple of wiring tables.  Somebody suggested putting the key in the ignition to see if it had a key sensor.  I was also a little skeptical of the hood switch.  I know the sensor works as well as the module as the keyless entry works fine.
DiscoKing 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having the exact same issue on a 98 626.  I have gone over the wiring several times and compared with a couple of wiring tables.  Somebody suggested putting the key in the ignition to see if it had a key sensor.  I was also a little skeptical of the hood switch.  I know the sensor works as well as the module as the keyless entry works fine.
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

Do your units program the tach signal okay?

Did you install the safety toggle switch..?

Did you connect to the correct brake wire?

Did you install the hood pin switch correctly?

astrain1970442 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
It was the tach wire causing me problems. Thanks for the help!Boa 265B Remote Start 99 neon -- posted image.
DiscoKing 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

How do you tell if the unit programmed the tach signal?  The safety switch is wired correctly and I double checked the brake wire.  The hood pin switch is very simple but I tried bypassing that as well.  I just read of a way to manually trigger the remote start too.  If there is a way to check the tach though that would be helpful. 

mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

Well you could test the wire that you suspect is the tach wire....??

If not then your only indication is the LED on the BOA remote starter.  If I remember correctly you start the car and press and hold the program buttom to learn tach.  The light should come on solid then you let go of the buttom and turn the car off.  If the light doesn't come on then you probably have the wrong wire...

I would see if it will do remote start take over...Start the car with the key....after a couple of seconds try to remote start the car with the remote.  Once you think the remote start has energized...take the key out of the car and see if the car will stay running....

Report back what you found

DiscoKing 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry it took me awhile to get back.  I hadn't had time to test it out.  The tach wire tests correctly giving me the voltage variance as expected.  I tried the remote start takeover as suggested with no luck.  I then tried to reprogram the tach using the program button on the key fob.  The LED acted as mobileworks described but likewise did not make a difference.  The remote start still does not energize.  I tried manually triggering the remote start by tapping the test wire from the module harness to ground.  Nothing there either.  It would seem that one of my connections is bad but they all test fine.  Any direction would be appreciated.

mikk 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
i've installed a boa 165b to work along(ch.3) with my viper keyless but once installed only got 10-20 ft with the keyless now. so i will be taking it out and getting 1 unit thats keyless and remote start. i did seem to work fine but the range just wasnt there.
mikk

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic