icon

Remote Starter Prblems on 96 Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

The Pink/White is the second Ign wire.....

Craig...

mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

Pink White in the same main ignition harness is second ignition... Make sure to connect that wire as a second iginition....

manrightcheer 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Do I connect it to the Brown wire from the "brain"
cj allday
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I was just going to say that about the Pink/White. In regards to the installers connections. You said Orange from unit goes to Brown on the vehicle and Brown goes to Orange on the vehicle. If I am not mistaken the Orange on the unit is the Acc output and needs to go to the Orange wire on the vehicle. The Brown wire is the 2nd acc and needs to go to the Pink/White wire. I assume you still have the install manual where it shows which wire goes where. Take a look at it and verify thet the Bron is an Ignition and Orange is an accessory. I also recommend either testing Brown output or just programming it as an Ignition wire in case the installer was smart enough to program the brown wire as an accessory. Look in the manual and look for the programming table: in the last or close to the last item on the list you can program the brown wire to an Ign, Acc or a Starter output.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
manrightcheer 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

You guys I think hit it right on the head. I will either do this myself tomorrow or set an appointment to have the person who put it in just switch the wires. You guys helped me a bunch, because I was stuck and I damn sure didn't want to pay some one to diagnose a pretty simple problem like this. THANKS

Ohh one more thing. Should I just patch up the exposed Brown wire from the ignition harness?

cj allday
Uniqueauto 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I think your  installer needs a new career!!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic