icon

Eclipse Titanium vs Aluminum

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
peterhead 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well i had all my stereo stolen over the holidays and just got my insurance check in, i have decided to run all eclipse and am going to put two tens in my extended cab toyota. Im torn as to which of the two to get. Wanted to here some of you guys opionions and comparisons.
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Eclipse is the shiznit!! One of the best SQ subs (in right enclosures) I have ever heard. They do however need allot of power and our very underraged subs. I run the Eclipse SW8122DVC subs with my Eclipse DA7232 amp ( this is one bad ass amp that can put most to shame) and these subs pound.. My next vehicle will be a SUV in which I will be running the Eclipse 9100 series..
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
I am running eclipse aluminum 10's. I love them as far as the SQ, But I think the low end still suffers a little. But alot of 10's I have ran have had trouble getting below 32hz and staying clean. When I ran them with 400RMS per sub In a vented enclosure we were able to pull a 142db on the term lab. Thats more then loud enough for street use
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
i agree, the aluminums are amazing. the only reason i would get the titaniums is that they will have much tighter bass because the cones are all that much more stiff. i havent heard the titaniums, but because the metal is so much stronger and able to be more thin, it can be less heavy and is one of the most ideal materials for a cone. the alums sound insane, so you might want to save the extra cash and get better comps, amps, or deck. you wont be dissapointed. both cones are very stiff, i doubt the weight diff will make that much of an improvement
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

eclipse is all i dun in my vehcile and all ill ever run. i currently have a single titanium 12 (last years model) and their 7122 mono sub amp and oh my god. it doesnt matter what one you get, you WONT be disappointed.

sbcaprice305 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  

well i sure as hell hope that you plan on gettin some type of security system installed prior to gettin your next system..that would be the wisest thing to do...if not, expect it gone again..

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
For the small dollar difference between the 10's and 12's, consider the 12's. Eclipse = Eclipse Titanium vs Aluminum -- posted image. Bump for the advice on a good alarm system like a Compustar 2WAMA.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
peterhead 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Alarm was the first thing I bought Compustar 2WSS-AS Eclipse Titanium vs Aluminum -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic