icon

autopage rs-855lcd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ah64mark 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
installed this system in a 2001 chevy 1500 all my wire are correct . but the strange thing is after i pluged in all the wire harnesses to the brain i wouldnt get any light flash,siren output ,door trigger. the icon on the lcd would always read unlocked  even when locked. the unit was not in valet . all that would work was the doorlocks, and horn output,horn would chirp once on unarm   i cheched all the ground connections and 12+ power all readings were good. by the way i switched units as well as remotes and the same thing happens. what am i donig wrong? is it programming? if so ,i cant get into programming as well. please let me know its something so easy , i probily overlooked. any sugestions would help. thanks.          mark.
ah64mark
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
I can't explain why the transmitter always shows unlocked, but I know the remote starter will not work until you enter programming and set the type of starting: tach, voltage or timer. If you are having trouble entering programming, you will just have to keep trying. Those units can be diffecult to program, commonly due to the odd type of switch is uses.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
bigjeep 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
 when you try to go program the alarm does the lcd remote page you?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
am really not a fan of autopage programming routine. the unit has a lot of cool features, though.
you can check on my home page to see a tutorial on an install w/ RS-855lcd.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ah64mark 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
    the remote does page when i try to get into programing, and when i put the alarm in valet it shows the zzz icon.as well as removing it from valet the icon goes away.
ah64mark
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
did you connect the H5/3 Neutral Switch/remote start toggle switch input to ground ? not doing that will possibly cause this condition you are reporting. Your grounds had better be dead on.. the lcd remote will act strange because the system brain is not getting all its connections..obviously the alarm brain reports to the LCD it's status.
I put one of these on my infiniti's..works great. Programming is actually very simple.. Starting on page 19 of the install manual.. It has a remote learning routine, 3 alarm programming routines, and 2 remote start programming routines. It can get confusing.. basically all the options for alarm programming are listed across 3 sub-features..such as alarm feature I,II, & III programming, and all the options for remote start programming are carried across 2 sub-features, such as remote start feature I, & II programming.. Much better than other manufacturers who clump everything into the programming page(s) and don't discern between the security/alarm settings and remote start settings.
Things you must do before closing the install.. Ground the neutral sensor/remote start switch wire mentioned earlier.. Tell the car what start mode it should be in.. Go to start feature programming II and in the 2nd column where you can select tach check, or voltage check, or timer check. Tell it what you have connected. It goes one step further and lets you fine tune each mode individually to prevent over or under crank.. I used voltage sensing with .8 second crank for my infiniti..works great..just right..   Also reprogram the remotes just to make sure. Post back with results..
ah64mark 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
thank you guys for all the helpful info ,i had to diod isolate the doors   duh.
ah64mark

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic