icon

Pulse too short for door lock?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stoneattic 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone come across a situation where the negative pulse from the alarm/remote starter to actuate the door locks is too short in duration?
I installed an Audiovox APS-685 with JDK-PL in a 2000 Grand Cherokee and everything is working except the door lock. The unlock works fine. Instead of locking I get three horn beeps. I tried using a relay thinking that maybe the ground need to be better but got the same 3 beeps. If I ground the JDK-PL door lock input the doors lock. I measured the APS-685 door lock output and it is giving me a negative 12 pulse. I switched the door lock and unlock outputs from the APS and the unlock output will drive the JDK-PL to lock the doors.
So my conclusion is that the pusle from the APS door lock output is too short in duration. Any ideas? Is there a simple way to extend the length of the pulse a half second of so? I see in the relay section of the site how to convert from a pulse to a constant and vise-versa, but what about extending the pulse?
Does anyone know the JDK-PL enough to know if the 3 beeps means something?
Thanks!
larkster 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
not familiar with the audiovox systems but is it possible the doors have to be closed inorder for the lock to work.  or the hood pin is grounded.  some other units are like that  first generation compustars etc.  Just a thought.  is the key in the ignition? 
stoneattic 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
I thought about those too :)
Since using the unlock from the APS to drive the lock input of the JDK worked I'm pretty sure it's not something like that.
Thanks!
larkster 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
if the unlock pulse works to lock then you dont need to lengthen the lock pulse.  did you try using the lock pulse of the remote start to the unlock of the bypass module.  if it doesnt work it is a audiovox problem with the lock pulse.  does the audiovox have a arm wire?  try using that to the lock input of the bypass mod....:)
larkster 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
if the unlock pulse works to lock then you dont need to lengthen the lock pulse.  did you try using the lock pulse of the remote start to the unlock of the bypass module.  if it doesnt work it is a audiovox problem with the lock pulse.  does the audiovox have a arm wire?  try using that to the lock input of the bypass mod....:)
stoneattic 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
I guess I'm not following you.
The lock pulse will not lock or unlock if hooked to the bypass lock or unlock, respectively.
The unlock pulse will lock or unlock it hooked to the bypass lock or unlock, respectively.
I do think it's a problem with the Audiovox lock pulse. There is a plus that I can see with my multimeter. I just think that it's not a long enough pulse for the bypass to correctly detect.
That's my theory at lest.
I'll have to check on an alarm wire. I'll let you know.
Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic