the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Recommended alarms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
techie51 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
I am looking to install alarm w/remote start on my 2005 Mazda Tribute. I have been out of the install business for about 10 years now. I used to install DEI products but noticed there are alot of different brands out there now.  I like the 2way but are not too happy that the DEI alarms only come with one remote LCD ( I know I can always buy another one).  I am looking at the Viper 791, compustar, or code so far. I have seen several on the asian wolf website are they any good. Are there any recommendations out there.  Thanks I  appreciate any help.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
i like the audiovox aps-996a personally. i use them on all my cars. i am not sure of any brands except dei and code. that is all i have around here. i dont like the way the dei remote looks  and the code has given me nothing but trouble
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
There is a lot of who makes who in the industry now, take the Asianwolf for example. It may be found under any number of differing brandnames. A dead giveaway is what that remote looks like, yet every brand claims to be the best. I like and use the Compustar line. they too have a couple of knock off brands, like Nu-Start for example. I use and recommend them as they are installer friendly, have good tech support and of course are a great product to use.  Consider the Compustar 2WAMAS or 2WFM8000AS as a great alarm / starter cobination.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
always got good old clifford intelligaurd
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
kel789 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

tech support is only for licensed installer?

forbidden wrote:
There is a lot of who makes who in the industry now, take the Asianwolf for example. It may be found under any number of differing brandnames. A dead giveaway is what that remote looks like, yet every brand claims to be the best. I like and use the Compustar line. they too have a couple of knock off brands, like Nu-Start for example. I use and recommend them as they are installer friendly, have good tech support and of course are a great product to use.  Consider the Compustar 2WAMAS or 2WFM8000AS as a great alarm / starter cobination.

slammedb5 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  

I like the Viper 791, although replacement transmitters are a bit expensive. If you need TechSoft, just let one of us know.

EK Civic
security
no audio
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
I usually install the prestige APS-996 Witch is almost identical to the "code". I have never had a problem or a return for that matter. As for the code my good friend is the shop manager at a circuit city and they use the code 2 way. He says that he gets returns on a daily basis. They are not returns for the install issue it is always the code 2 way remote. He says he replaces them on a daily basis. Last week I upgraded my alarm in my truck to a Viper791xv. I must say that I am very pleased with its performance. The range is great. The one problem I have with installing the Viper is that there are many "boxes" to hide and find room for, especially if you are going to add optional sensors ect. So from my knowledge "which isent much" I would say go with the Viper 791xv or the prestige APS-996. The prestige is a little lighter on the wallet and the 996 is alot more "safer" than code. If you like the code 2 way get the prestige instead.
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
code used to offer more than one two way piece. i was refering to the one that is not similar to the audiovox unit. i wish i could get my hands on one of those cool carbon fiber 996 remotes.
Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

I use DEI products. I prefer their viper series. It's all I've ever used after my code alarm died after just over 1 year. Viper has several great products. I prefer the 791xv. It only comes with 1 transmitter but if you plan on installing 1 in each vehicle you own they can be cross trained into both vehicles.

Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I personally have and have installed several DEI 554t and now 554r 2-way alarms. Every customer has been satisfied including myself. You can pick one up for 175 bucks and is very installer friendly. If you are looking for range, the compustar has impressed me thus far.
Dyer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic