icon

Body Lift

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
I live in the DFW texas area and was wondering if anyone knows a good place the will do a body lift on my truck (3") for a decent price.  also what is the usual price to have a body lift done?
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
i live in el paso tx and my friend got a 4 inch body lift and wheel combo for $800. i belive the lift alone is going for about $200.
gcorrea
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Just curiouse .. why a body lift... It's really BAD for a big truck... I have seen trucks in accidents that the cab, clip, and box are 20 feet from the frame.. In MN we charge 400$ to 500$ for them... (we only do them now in vans that need the floor dropped for a wheelchair lift) but that was also the rate on trucks when we did them...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
Body lifts are GAAAYYY!!  they look nasty, just pony up the dough and get a suspension lift.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
how much does a 3" suspension lift go for?? installed??
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
on what, 2004 taco?
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
at least 1200 for the kit it will probably be a 4-5" and another 500 to 1000$ for installation... and keep in mind you may have to buy new rims if you get a spindle lift.. On that yota I would think it would be that style... Not for sure though... It seems to be the way to go with todays IFS systems... Unlike the Trail disaster (master ) lifts for chevs....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
phidelt85 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  
Hymer,  what's wrong with Trail Master and what are some pretty good susp. lift rigs out there?  I've got an 02 Chevy Z-71 Xcab.
Trinity 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
i would run all suspension i wouldnt run a body lift, in my opinion its a cheap way out, theres many different ways i would do it....
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Trail disastars are a bracket lift.. tons of parts and just a pain to install, and lots of steering problems... On your truck I would go with the Rancho or a Fabtech.. It's marketed at a 4" but it gives you about 5"+ depending on where you set the torsion bars.. The rancho is a spindal lift (longer steering knuckles) and a FULL cradle that encases the front diff. REAL stabel and it retains all the factory steering geometry. It does however change the track of the truck (front tires have a wider stance than the rear , like the old blazers) but you cant notice it when driving. It goes in in about 10 hrs (if you don't have a clue what your doing) and I think I did one in about 4.5 hrs today with a helper and a hoist. The Fabtech is real similar exept the cradle is 2 pieces. It's easyer to handle and install, but not a whole lot. Both are exeptional lifts... never have ANY problems other than people beating the tar out of their trucks. With both these lifts you do need wheels with a different backspace. The factory ones WILL hit the controle arms, this is due to the enlarged spindle... Any questions, just yell!!
Later
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic