icon

'97 explorer remote start - factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r6jon 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

hello, i just installed a dei viper remote start in my g/fs explorer and i'm having a problem - the factory alarm does not arm when the door is locked.

i connected the door lock - output from the remote start to the lock wire, and to the door trigger for the left rear door.  they were diode isolated properly.  i did this because the factory alarm arms when the door is open and the lock button is pushed.

anyway, i think the problem is that there is a delay from when the - lock/arm pulse is applied and when the interior light comes on.. which makes me think that the timing is off.

is there a better wire i should ground to make the alarm arm.  i would appreciate your input very much.

oh, my shift key is broken so no caps or question marks lol..

audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  

i just did this recently...its not any kind of delay prob,

im not sure if  you used relays for the lock wires since they are (-) on explorers with a factory alarm, but i did because the unit comes with one, and that will help me avoid any come back customers.  i am talking about the 451m. 

anyways, i did the same thing and diode isolated the lock from the disarm and door trigger.

the problem i got(because i was trying to avoid problems by using some relays) was that i used diodes that were not able to handle the current.  i used 2 2-1/2 amp diodes to isolate after the 451m.  once i paralleled 2 (6-amp) diodes for each trigger i havent had a prob since.

the factory alarm will arm when any door is open and you will see the theft light stay on for around 30 sec after you close the open door.  after that you can open the door and see that the alarm will go off (provided that you had the window open and opened the door from the inside.)  this car has a tricky alarm system and is no fun.  if you think the diode method i mentioned is not safe enough, then maybe you can think of a relay setup that will do the trick.  good luck let us know what happened

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic