icon

2002 Nissan Sentra Viper 791XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeff325 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

was installed today. this is the 3rd alarm i've installed, but the first where i've had to get rid of the factory alarm. local shop i talked to said just take the old brain and disconnect it (since i'm running all new wiring)...well...long story short

alarm works fine...havent tested the shock sensor, but its LED is blinking, so i know its at least active

parking lights are wired to flash when system is armed/disarmed...only brake lights flash (and yes, im sure i've tapped into the right circuit...the brake light wires are seperate from the parking/running lights)
hoodpin / trunk merc. switch and all door pins work as they're supposed to

remote start doesnt work at all.

ive checked all fuses...satellite relay is wired properly, everything that needs a 12v constant has one (although i may run another one off the battery, because im beginning to wonder if thats where i'm having my issues?)

one odd thing i noticed about my car, i have 2 ignition wires (was expecting that)...and 2 starter wires. this threw me off. i tested both with my DMM, and both have 0volts @ off, accessory, and RUN...one has 12v @ start, and one hit ~8-9volts (car had already started at that point, i couldnt keep cranking it over). the Viper harness had  2 seperate wires for 2 ignition wires, but only one starter wire (and a starter kill, but thats for an optional StarterKill addon)

this is a list of what each particular wire does in my car

[url]http://www.jmteam.net/metalhead/new%20stereo%20project/sentra%20wiring.txt[/url]

and this is the install guide for the 791XV

[url]http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_01-05.pdf[/url]

anyone know whats going on here? (please, don't post unless you know what you're talking about. i want to find out why my remote start isnt working, not contribute to someones postcount)

jeff325 
Member spacespace
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
You need to wire up a second starter relay. 85--ve start out of XCRS; 86, 30- 12V; 87- second starter wire of car.
Did you get your parking lights at the column orthe kick? Generally, you have better success the closer you are to the switch.... I always go to the column on those.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
jeff325 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

gus1 wrote:
You need to wire up a second starter relay. 85--ve start out of XCRS; 86, 30- 12V; 87- second starter wire of car.
Did you get your parking lights at the column orthe kick? Generally, you have better success the closer you are to the switch.... I always go to the column on those.
Gus

went from the kick just because of ease of installation. the headlight/blinker/parking light harness is quite tricky...not a lot of room to solder in. i'll try relocating that wire further up towards the parking light switch (stronger pulse there?)...its odd...because i could swore when i initially plugged in the brain, the parking lights flashed. i know i didnt blow a fuse (unless it was on the satellite relay harness?)...because the regular parking lights work when i simply turn them on.

i'm at a loss.

curious, no one seems to have an SPDT 12v / 30amp relay...will an SPST work?

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
yes spst will work.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
jeff325 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

profuse007 wrote:
yes spst will work.

thanks!

Sierra2700 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
How would you wire a starter kill relay in when you have 2 starter wires and you use the onboard relay for the first starter wire?
jeff325 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
just to clarify, on the SPST relay, 85 is grounded, 87 is a 12v constant, 30/51 is my switched power (to seconary starter wire) and 86 is the 200mA trigger from the Satellite Relay harness?
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
You get to kill both..... requiring yet another relay.
85- ground whenarmed
86- Ignition
30- car side
87a-key side
Aren't Nissans fun?
I head to the switch because it is just more logical.... duplicating the function of the OEM. Never know... get the wrong wire on some vehicles, and you might actually be feeding back through the dimmer switch for the parklight circuit,possibly leading to an eventual cooked dimmer. It can happen, I have seen it.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
jeff325 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  

cant use key side trigger. its only for the optional StarterKill, which i dont have.

last page of the install guide, 4 pin harness off the satellite relay, orange wire, 200mA 2nd Acces. Output

i know i'm not tapped into the dimmer, because voltage doesnt change when i turn that dial (i tested that too)

http://www.eurekaboy.com/f250/relayspst.jpg

thats the pinout and schematic of the relay i have, its a single pole, single throw...(so no 87a, just 87...and 30 is listed as 30/51)

....so 85 gets grounded? or 12v?...i know 87 gets 12v constant, and 86 gets the 200mA trigger (on/off)...and 30/51 is the output

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic