icon

remot turn on for amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sns xpress 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
what wire would you use for the remote amp turn on on a factory head unit? would you use one at all ? someone told me to run it from the fuse box but I dont like that idea. I also heard that you can use the power antena wire but my car doesnt have one is this right?
twofootthumpin 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
    When I wire an amp into a car I either use a cigar lighter fuse(as long as it comes on in either acc or in the on possition) or I use the radio fuse, yes these are in the fuse box. Its not a bad idea its not like it draws a ton of amperage it is just a signal to tell it when the car is on or the key is in the accesories possition so it knows when to turn itself on and off. I have heard of people using the remote power antena wire but you have to make sure that its not just when the radio is on, also you have to make sure that it is for the full 12 volts some are not rated at 12 volts which will not work for a remote lead.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  

Use the factory radio "switched" power wire..........

pretend your installing an FM changer!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic