icon

Clifford matrix rsx3.5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing the Clifford matrix rsx3.5 in a 2000 GMC Sierra. I have done other remote starts but this is the first Clifford. My only question is about the neutral safety switch. In the install manual it states that the neutral safety switch must be wired in with the remote start. The truck has an automatic transmission is it really necessary to make this connection?
Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
nah just ground that wire.. thats what i always do
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

I should also have asked the following question--If I just ground this wire will the truck remote start if left in drive or reverse?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
yes it will...........................
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
i havent test all cars, but the only ones ive test is TOYOTA and HONDA and it wont let you RS when in gear.
still, you shouldnt worry about this. you cant even take out your key when its in gear (auto tranny). that ensure that you cant RS when in gear.
Falcon 1 wrote:

I should also have asked the following question--If I just ground this wire will the truck remote start if left in drive or reverse?

Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ya most automatic cars won't let you leave your car in gear and take out the keys...i wish they would- i get sick of hearing the chime when putting the car in gear to reove dash panels.
Dyer
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have not begun the installation yet but I will test neutral safety system with remote start.  I also would like to know how to go about adding the rear defrost on this truck to an auxilliary channel of the remote start if someone can help on that. I also have 3 tech sheets with different specs, on one it lists 3 ignition wires pink,white,brown. I know the white must be powered for sure along with the pink. But the brown wire is also listed as an accessory wire on another sheet I will test the wire with a DMM but my question is does the brown wire need to be connected to remote start?
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Some ppl say yes, other say no. Personally, I always do connect the brown wire, just to be on the safe side. I've had people tell me everything still works fine if you dont connect the brown. But I've also heard stories of heat, and AC not coming on with remote start. I usually test the wires, and if they are hot when running with the key , then I think they should be hot when remote started. So I'll connect them. Same thing goes for 2nd starter wires. I noticed that some mazdas and nissans have a second starter wire. They will still start if this wire is not energized, but sometimes it will run very rough. So I always add another relay to energize it.
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
I did the installation today the remote start works but it only starts after the second attempt (maybe tach setting?). The other problem I have is the door lock module that comes with the clifford matrix rsx 3.5 does not contain any schematics on how to wire the locks do I need to add relays to this or just tie into the lock & unlock wires directly if someone can help me with that. The truck is a 2000 gmc Sierra.
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
faulty remote start could be a bad tach feed or a transponder issue.don't know about that one.maybe others will chime in..
well..you should see a 3 pin connector..GREEN/ empty/blue..
The green will supply a negative lock or positive unlock output
The blue will supply a positive lock or negative unlock output. Tie it into the lock/unlock wires directly..I don't see anything special about it as far as I know..others might differ..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic