icon

Lexus es300 wiring diagram?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
celticmagic 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for a 93 Lexus es300 stereo with a pioneer under passenger seat amp??? i really need the output on the amp. i'm having HUGE problems reworking an aftermarket butchered up stereo system that was installed by the previous owner. THANKS!!!!  :)
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
RIP IT ALL OUT...and start over! Don't depend on someone elses abilaty....!!!   or spelling.....Lexus es300 wiring diagram? -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

You say...Lexus ES300 stereo....then you say aftermarket butchered up stereo.................whitch is it?

Listen Man......I'm NOT an ass.........I just want to help!

Tell me what the head unit is, and the amp, AND any pieces in between!      K

sirairun 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
I put a Eclipse AVN2454 into the Lexus Es300 but the stock stereo has a factory amp and no bypass is made. I want to pull out the factory amp which is under the pass. seat and hardwire the Eclipse to the factory speakers. If you could help that would be great i just need the Factory amp wire codes and harness information.
celticmagic 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan:

I really appreciate your trying to help - ok here is the scenario in full. I bought the car a few weeks ago and the previous owner installed a Sony xplod headunit, 10 disc cd change (also sony), a 500 watt amp, capacitor-thinger, two gianormous subwoofers and all new eclipse speakers within the car itself. I personally didn't need all that stereo so I sold off the amp, subwoofers & capacitor-thinger. HOWEVER, when I went to hook the head unit back up to the speakers in the car using the Lexus amp located under the passenger seat the moron who installed the last system had thwarted that amp using monster cables directly to the amp in the trunk and rather than just taping up the wires on the stock amp he cut them to less than a 1/4 inch long.  Thankfully we were able to soder wiring together (don't even get me started on the insanity of that freaking process) to get the harness working again. Which by the way for anyone who cares, replacing that harness through Lexus is $856. Insane. Aaaaaanyway, now for whatever reason the right side front and rear speakers are working but we can't get the left side mid's to work, only the tweeter is producing sound. Thus my reason for asking if anyone has the factory amp wire codes & harness info so maybe I can trace it backwards from the jumbled up job the previous owner did and attempt to decipher his wire codes. Sound like fun yet???

rolln_on_em 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

The wires to the sreakers are in pairs.

RED / White

BLACK / YELLOW

Blue/Green

Pink/Purple

As far a polarity I dont remember, I just use a polarity tester.  As far as the input side, just run speaker wires from your deck to the output side of the amp.  Use a 9v battery to "pop" the speakers to tell wich wire goes to wich speaker. 

Hope this info helps.

Bryan

Yeah I drive a slow car; but damn it looks good
celticmagic 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

Bryan:

THANK YOU! That actually does help me out - only I am still kinda stuck because there are two different sets of BLACK / YELLOW and Pink/Purple Wires?? Would the 9v battery do any damage to the crossovers?

sirairun 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Well i have the actual wiring diagram from the lexus dealer for the 1993 and 94 es300
if you need a copy let me know via message boards and i will email you a copy.
ogger151 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

There is a harness you can buy that plugs in the dash giving you both front and rear rca inputs to the factory amp. If you look behind the right kick panel there are 4 wires for the 6 1/2" speaker its red + and white - for the super tweeter its blue+ and green - now if you look behind the kick panel on the left side for the 6 1/2" speaker its yellow - and black + for the super tweeter its pink - and purple +. Note the super tweeter is hooked up in parallel with the 3" dash speakers. However if your factory wires are destroyed you should run all new wires. If the plugs were cut off and thrown away then a wireing diagram won't help you. The factory amp sucks anyway. Buy a small four channel amp and replace the stock one and run all new wires. Run the wires down the center console. You probably should take the passenger seat out to make it easyer.

ogger151 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Battery won't hurt caps but you'll only get a 1/10 of a second pop because of it. The 6 1/2" speakers don't have caps so you'll here those no problem. I check speakers the same way with a battery its so simple and makes it so much easier. My Lexus es 300 is a 1994 but should be the same.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic