icon

2002 cavalier m/t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
repmud 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Getting ready to install compustar artic start in my 02 cavalier Ls. Does anyone have a wiring diagram? Also, car is a manual transmission, how do I bypass the clutch, and what can I do to make it safer? The compustar has a jumper wire in it to let the unit know it is installed on a manual transmission, are these reliable? Any experience with this unit?
I also have the gm-u7 from crime stopper. will this control my factory alarm and door locks? It says it will adapt to this model and year car. What do they mean by "adapt"?
Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

Check out this,

This is from bulldog security website. Be sure to probe all your wires. As far as the manual transmission thing goes you can wire into your parking brake with the neutral switch wire. That way if the parking brake is not engaged it will not start. If you really want some double protection you can try to get some type of a magnetic switch in the gearshift assembly on 1st gear. Wire them in series with the brake wire and presto the car must not be in 1st gear and the parking brake must be applied to start the car.

As far as the clutch goes you don't want to just tie the wires together and bypass it alltogether because that just is not smart. Espescially if you have cruise. You'll press the clutch to downshift for some reason and the car won't disengage the cruise. Instead it tries giving more power and rev's up te car until you hit the brake wire. The safe thing to do is wire a relay to connect the clutch wires momentarily with one of your triggers from the alarm.

Wire pin 85 to +12 volts

Wire pin 86 to to a (-) out from your alarm when the sequence begins

Wire pin 30 to one side of the clutch( doesn't matter which)

Wire pin 87 to the other side of the clutch.

2002 cavalier m/t -- posted image.The relay is HOT in this picture. As you can see 30 and 87 connect only while the relay is hot. AN alternative is to do this

85=ground

86=Starter wire from RS system

30=clutch wire side A of switch

87=clutch wire side B of switch

This setup leaves your clutch safety wire inplace.

Locate the clutch switch at the top of the switch. strip back a little of the wire to probe and verify that the switch is interrupting the circuit.

As you'll see in the diagram you'll need a passkey2 bypass. Check out this site some more and look for info. Pretty common car. should not be a problem to get specifics.

WIRE COLORSLOCATION
12 VOLTS CONSTANTRED(2)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 1PINK (+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER ORANGE (+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTERYELLOW (+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTS (+)BROWN in DRIVERS KICK PANEL in HARNESS going to REAR of VEHICLE.
DOME LIGHTSee NOTE** 
POWER DOOR LOCKLIGHT BLUEin EITHER KICK PANEL    See NOTE***
POWER DOOR UNLOCKWHITEin EITHER KICK PANEL    See NOTE***
TRUNK RELEASEBLACK/ WHITE (+) at BCM, See NOTE****
TACH SENSOR PURPLE / WHITEat ENGINE HARNESS or at IGNITION COIL PACK

BRAKE

WHITE (+) at BRAKE SWITCH

HORN

BLACK (-) at STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
            FACTORY ANTI-THEFTPASSLOCK 2Requires part # 791 bypass module.

NOTE**      When connecting an Alarm System, use the GREEN/ BLACK (-) for the DRIVERS door, the LIGHT BLUE is for ALL OTHER doors, wires are located LOW in the DRIVERS KICK PANEL, you must diode isolate.

NOTE***     If vehicle is equipped with FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY the door locks are a TYPE "A", without FACTORY KEYLESS the door locks are a TYPE "C", use the PASSENGER switch as the MASTER switch when testing. Wires are also located at the BCM.

Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
repmud 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, thanks for the information.
One other thing (I'm new to installing these things please bear with me), the compustar comes with a relay that is hooked into the 8 pin 14awg wires. The wires out from the brain are red-12v constant, GREEN / WHITE- pwr to parking light, RED / white-12v constant (starter accesory), blue- selectable by jumper, yellow-12v output to starter, green+red (2 seperate wires from the same pin)-ouput to ignition, black-ground. Into the relay are the red wire, that is in the same pin as the green wire from the brain, 12v ouput to ignition # 86 on relay, and the yellow wire 12v output to starter pin # 87 on relay. Out from the relay are yellow wire pin #87 on relay, yellow/black wire out from pin # 30 on relay (no explination on install guide, purple wire out from pin # 85 on the relay (male connector out). Question is what do I do with the purple and yellow/black wire comming out of the relay and does it have anything to do with the relay for the clutch? There is a purple wire with a female connector on it for stater dissable on another pin connector. There is also an option to hook the purple wire to a RED / black wire to make the second iggnition positive ( I don't think I need to do that option)
thanks
Jschult3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not too familiar with compustar alarms, but, pin 85 and 86 are the coils to a relay. Looks like they could be triggers. Perhaps someone who has done compustars could help you out?

Jeff
Jschult3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not too familiar with compustar alarms, but, pin 85 and 86 are the coils to a relay. Looks like they could be triggers. Perhaps someone who has done compustars could help you out?

Jeff
repmud 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I put up another post with compustar artic start as the title.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic