icon

Viper starter disable relay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LudeBoi 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2002 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I've just bought the Viper 550 ESP, instead of the 790, because its the same thing and the 790
only comes with that one remote...so basically i thought to myself..im paying an extra 80 bucks for something
that won't be able to page me when im inside the mall and ect. and it only comes with one remote, well anyway
I've looked at the diagram for the Viper 550 ESP and it doesn't clearly say how to wire up the starter disable
relay. Can anyone help me out? I have a 98 Honda Prelude. please reply soonn! im going to start the installation
Friday! thanks in advance!!
Dunbar 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2002 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  

There should be a yellow and orange wire that are already hooked up to the main alarm harness. The two remaining wires get hooked up the the starter wire once it has been cut in half (doesn't matter which way.) I think it's the purple wire that gets hooked up on the STARTER side of the relay (not the switch side) and that cranks the starter during remote start. Doesn't your car have a factory immobilizer? You'll need to bypass that to get it to remote start.

BTW, the 790 should be able to page you inside the mall depending how far you are.

LudeBoi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2002 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  

actually only the orange wire is connected to the main alarm, so i guess i leave the yellow wire out?

Yes my car has a factory immobilizer, but im not quite sure on how to do remote start, especially with immobilizers, if someone is willing to help, i'll attempt it,hehe, thanks.

Dunbar 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2002 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

You should have gotten the 500 (or 600) ESP if you don't want remote start. The yellow wire gets connected to the yellow (ignition) wire on the alarm harness.  Remote start is a lot more wires to hook up on top of an already tricky alarm install. Here's what you need to bypass the immobilizer. BTW, if you have a manual transmission forget about it.

http://www.drdetailshop.com/555H.htm

LudeBoi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2002 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
thanks man,its alot clearer now! I can't wait to start tomorrow!!! I actually do want remote start, im probably gonna drop it off at a shop to install the remote start for me, how much you think it will run? im still going to do the basic myself, thanks!
mike simonelli 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2002 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Actually they are wrong about they starter disable relay. The orange and yellow are already connected to the alarm and the relay all you have to do is connect the yellow to keyed, green to key side and purple and black to starter.
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2002 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I would say $30+
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic