icon

2003 eclipse illumination light out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcraw 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
I just had a stereo installed by a friend and now the illumination light on dash wont work, and rear view mirror lights wont dim off when doors are shut
vk3hau 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
Check the ground wire on the stereo is connected to ground and  not  the illumination wire in the loom to the radio. as the O.M.E radio loom will have illumination to the O.M.E radio and when your friend tested this wire with a DMM, he/she would of seen ground potential at this wire with the dash lights turned off due to back EMF on the lights filament's to ground , now with the stereo ground wire on the "cold" side of the illumination circuit, the dash light will have a short across them as the body of the stereo will be grounded, therefor dash lights not working. as for the door light, dont know what make your stereo is but same pioneers had door hook up and it may be that thats playing up. hope this info helps, cheer and beers from Michael in sunny Sale , Vic. Aus.
2003 eclipse illumination light out -- posted image.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hey, you, you just head back to CAA..... or you may vacation here as long as you like. Nice to see another Aussie here on the forum. I'm found on CAA and Boostcruising every now and then myself.

jcraw, check to ensure that the ground wire is not attached to the illumination wire. The illumination wire shows ground when the lights are turned off but goes to +12 volts when it is turned on. This could also have taken out a domelight fuse, check ALL fuses and replace any that may be blown after verifing that ground wire.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
vk3hau 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

yes, that a very good point, I did forget to say that the fuse will need to be checked after fixing any short.

2003 eclipse illumination light out -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic