icon

Commando FM870 Combo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
podopo 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
The remote start feature of this unit does not seem to work. When attempting to use the remote start feature there is no acknowledging flash of lights or siren chirp to indicate the command was received. I do get such an acknowledgement when arming or disarming the alarm system. I have checked and double checked connections and all are correct. I programmed the transmitter to assure it was receiving the signal - that went fine. I also went through the programming process to reestablish the factory default setting which also went fine. Still no function. I also tried the second transmitter which seems to make no difference.
The only thing unique about this installation is that I do not intend to use the alarm system, so I did not connect the wiring associated with those functions including the shock sensor and wiring/functions associated with the ten pin white connector, H9.
Requests to Commando's tech support have gone unanswered - is anyone aware of how I might check this unit to determine if it is defective? I assume the unit should indicate it received the command to start regardless of the installation after that point - is that a safe assumtion.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
check to make sure that the hood pin is not grounding out and that you grounded out the nuetral safety switch
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
When installing the FM 870 unit you must go to the programing menu and program the unit for remote start. Then the unit should work fine if all connections were made correctly. Good luck!
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Yup..the FM-870 is also an autopage RS-850/855 series clone. You have to tell it what mode you are going to remote start in.. Tach sensing/Voltage Sensing/Timer sensing. Yes..there are indeed 3 modes..
podopo 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks to all of you - I will get on these items.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic