icon

Wiring an after Market Pioneer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rkodis 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

I looked up the "vehicle information" link. and found my vehicle's wiring informtation.I have the  Pioneer DEH-P3600 that i would like to install. The problem is that the OEM Harness for my vehicle is gone, because the guy who installed the the last radio which is a sony m700. So the current deck is has the sony harness. So the adapter for radio option is not valid

I wil most likely have to cut and match wire to wire? If so. which is which?

(i.e Pioneer RED to  Sony (COLOR)?????) etc..

hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a multi meter?
Poly Dollies
azidrane 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
is there not a sony red?
slammedb5 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 3:24 AM / IP Logged  
Dude, use a DMM and probe your factory wires. I would recommend a reverse harness, but seeing as how you are troubled by this matter...
EK Civic
security
no audio
psypathic 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with sla.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

so you're saying that your radio harness does not have the factory plugs in it?  when they installed the sony they cut off the factory plugs and wired in the sony harness?  If so, then yes you'll need a multimeter and speaker popper.  If you tell us what kind of vehicle you have (year/make/model) we can probably give you a diagram to get you started.

If the factory plug IS still there, then just unplug the harness adapter connected to the sony harness,  cut the wires off right before the sony plug, and match up color to color with your pioneer harness.  Since that's a new pioneer, all of the colors will have the same functions as they do on the sony.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
Rkodis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the picture with the sony wire harness attached to the "OEM" factory wires. So what i would have to do is cut the wires, right after the sony, and just match color to color? I do not need to go back in to much towards the factory wire harness right?

Because i think i see the after market adapter still there? unless that white thing is not the after market adapter?
How would i also go about in keeping my amp  and sub woofer still powred (REMOTE WIRE)
Wiring an after Market Pioneer -- posted image.

Skinny832 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, the white plugs are your factory plug and the aftermarket harness plug.  Cut the aftermarket harness wires just before the butt connectors and wire it to the Pioneer harness.  Wire them color for color, as harness wiring colors are standardized.  The cut wire looks to be ORANGE / white...don't worry about it.  It is illumination and not needed, the Pioneer gets illumination from the power wire. 

The blue wire coming out of your adapter harness should be for power antenna.  If you have one, you need to hook it up to the power antenna feed from the Pioneer.  Otherwise, it is not used.

As for your remote wire for your amp, connect it to the remote wire coming out of the Pioneer, and you're done.  Look in the Pioneer manual to see which wire is remote and which is power antenna, I can't remember.  One is blue, the other is blue/white.

Hope this helps.

Skinny

Rkodis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Skinny832 wrote:

Yes, the white plugs are your factory plug and the aftermarket harness plug.  Cut the aftermarket harness wires just before the butt connectors and wire it to the Pioneer harness.  Wire them color for color, as harness wiring colors are standardized.  The cut wire looks to be ORANGE / white...don't worry about it.  It is illumination and not needed, the Pioneer gets illumination from the power wire. 

The blue wire coming out of your adapter harness should be for power antenna.  If you have one, you need to hook it up to the power antenna feed from the Pioneer.  Otherwise, it is not used.

As for your remote wire for your amp, connect it to the remote wire coming out of the Pioneer, and you're done.  Look in the Pioneer manual to see which wire is remote and which is power antenna, I can't remember.  One is blue, the other is blue/white.

Hope this helps.

Skinny

Thank You! i will work on it pretty soon i'm about to leave work to go start this mission.! I'll post more pictures of what i do. Thanks!
Rkodis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  
Wiring an after Market Pioneer -- posted image. Mission Accomplished! Wiring an after Market Pioneer -- posted image.
I snapped off all the wires right behind the sony connector, then replaced color for color. (i.e. Pioneer red - Sony red | pioneer yellow - Sony Yello | Pioneer black - Sony Black | Pioneer blue/white - Sony blue/white | and so on.
The deck powers on, the sub woofers are banging. but now
there seems to be popping noise....... when i first turn on the deck. or when i'm chaning radio station. like scanning.. then stop.. then scanning.
the popping noise seem to come from the rear 6x9's.
Oh yeah the rear 6x9's are not BOSE OEM, they are some aftermarket generic ones, but they work cool.
WHen i had it with the sony deck, never had a problem... with this type of noise thing. ANy clue?
Wiring an after Market Pioneer -- posted image. Wiring an after Market Pioneer -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic