still trying to get this clifford right

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CutlassThunder 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
deocder wrote:
First use a meter to determine if the black terminal is -12 or 0. If the voltage between the two is 0 then the black terminal is -12V. If it reads 12V, then the black terminal is 0.
Dont worry about the Intellistart if you have that.
I bought a brand new multi meter like 3 years back and have never used it...mainly because I don't know how
CutlassThunder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
oh I'm using a small amperage(10amp 12volt) battery charger..
CutlassThunder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
thats a will do...Iplan on giving it another try today
CutlassThunder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
I finally got around to trying it again still no success..I tried energizing the igintion circuit(WHITE/ brown wire) before connecting power to the brain, and after powering the brain both did nothing...the brain continues to go off....and my LED flashes every second. Can I send this thing back to clifford or something to get the codes out or something, this thing seems to be more headache than its worth...
diggerdoo 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
When the siren screams and you remove power from the brain, it remembers its state (armed/disarmed), so when you power it back up, it again begins screaming. To disarm the system using the valet switch, you must power up the brain, enter preset valet code of "2" by pressing the valet switches * button twice, then pressing the unmarked button. Next press and hold the * button for about 3 seconds to enter programming mode. You should hear 1 siren chirp and the LED should be on. Any programming should now be started within 5 seconds.
CutlassThunder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
what about what someone was saying earlier about the ignition having to be on....if it can remember its state why cant it remember the remotes? I have both orignial remotes and neither do anything..what all is a "must" connect to enter valet mode? Like I said I'm tryin to get this thing to work in my office, because I don't have a laptop. Don't these alarms have a lifetime warranty how can I get clifford to test my brain?...is there away to make sure my valet switch is working, because my alarm doesn't do anything but may a clicking noise(no siren hookedup)
diggerdoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
the clicking noise is probably the onboard relay to flash your parking lights. Have you programmed in the remotes to the brain yet? Even though they came with the alarm, they still have to be programmed into it. to make it appear as though you've turned your key on, you must supply +12v to the ignition wire after you've supplied +12v to the power wire (i think its red) and ground to the ground wire (i think its black).
diggerdoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
oh ya, and you must "turn on the ignition" (supply +12v to the ignition wire for the alarm) within 5 seconds of powering up the alarm. because the relay is clicking, you've managed to power up the alarm, now you must get it into programming mode by turning on the key and using the valet switch to get there.
diggerdoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
you should also hook up a 12v battery to the charger, just like if you were chaqrging the battery. use the lowest amperage setting on the charger, then hook up the alarm to the battery/charger. The battery is a must if you want to use the charger as a power supply. Your multimeter is relalively easy to use. It probably has a dial on it, with settings for ac (a squigly line on top of a straight line) which won't be used here. Dc is the one you want. it has a dashed line above a straight line for the symbol. there may also be ohms (symbol is a horseshoe) also not needed here. if you take the multimeter leads and touch them to the battery terminals, you should get a reading of about 12.5-14.5v. if you get a negative reading, the leads are backwards. always touch the black lead to the negative terminal, then use the red lead to probe the wire that you are curious about. if the meter shows 0v, the wire you are testing is ground. if it shows 12v, you've got a positive wire.
CutlassThunder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
diggerdoo wrote:
the clicking noise is probably the onboard relay to flash your parking lights. Have you programmed in the remotes to the brain yet? Even though they came with the alarm, they still have to be programmed into it. to make it appear as though you've turned your key on, you must supply +12v to the ignition wire after you've supplied +12v to the power wire (i think its red) and ground to the ground wire (i think its black).
isn't the ignition wire on this alarm WHITE/ brown? isn't there also only 4 different valet combinations? but if I input the wrong one there is a period of time before the alarm will allow me to try again, how long must I wait, will removing the power and reconnected allow me to try again?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic