icon

Prostart CT-3300 Car starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tlgc 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

I have just installed the Ct3300 in my 98 Winstar and have had nothing but problems setting it up. I could not program the remote until I found someone on your site that said the programing did not work as advertised. I played around and was able to program the remoteb but now I cannot get the tach programed. Does someone have a method of making this work. The directions in the manual do not work.

Tony

tc
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

Tony, the instructions are correct in the manual. I do about 6 of these a week and have not had an incorrect manual yet. Go to page 12 of the installation guide and follow the Multi-Speed Tach Programming (table 4).

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
pete47 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
hi would you know how to install the ct 3300 in a 98 chev blazer i need the wiring info on it and you help me thanks
p c
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

Please start your own thread for this, it gets too confusing for the original post person to come back and read info that may not pertain to him otherwise. A Search would find you the info on your vehicle and give you enough info to get started. More than likely it will show someone who has had the same questions as well.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
Read the manual carefully programing the remote and tach is pretty straight forward. 
tlgc 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your response.

Actually I was able to find a person who had installed the CT3300 and the problem was in the installation of the Tach wire. The manual said the Tach wire could be hooked to the a Fuel injector, Cam or Crank Position sensor or the neg side of the coil. I was connected to a fuel injector and there was a constant 12/14 volts there. The tach wire requires a pulsating voltage so the computer can calculate the engine RPM. I changed that connection to the Neg side of 1 of the coils and all works fine.

Thanks

Tony

Tony

tc

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic