icon

Is this ported box possible

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigboi11 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
I want to make a box with a twelve and two tens in it.  Is that possible to do ported or would I just have to make a big box with three sealed sections.  Or would they just cancel each other when sharing the same space.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
What's your plan?  Why do you want to run different size speakers?
Support the12volt.com
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
possible yes.. BUT..you would need a massive crossover to make it sound .."RIGHT"
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
bigboi11 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

I JUST WANTED TO DO IT SO THAT THE 10'S COULD GIVE ME A DIFFERENT SOUND THAN THE EXTREME LOW END CRUNCH THAT THE L7 12'S GIVE OUT.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Then I recomend you put the 10's into one enclosure and the 12's into another, then setup crossovers so the 12's are low passed at about 60Hz and the 10's are bandpassed between 60Hz and 100Hz.  But it's really not going to be much different from simply using the 12's alone, and if you don't set it up properly it'll sound much worse.  But defniately do not try to put them into the same enclosure air space!
Support the12volt.com
bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
just sell the subs if u arent happy w/ them and buy new ones. no reason to run different sized subs.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
I agree. There's no reason for this. To many people are always spouting, "10's HIT, 12's are DEEP." Whatever, a good 10 or 12 will do both. Some 10s are deeper than some 12s, and vise-versa. Sweeping generalizations like that usually come from the grossly uninformated, imo.
I agree with DYohn, I think you should concentrate your efforts on 2 quality 12's with an appropriately designed enclosure and amplification.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic