icon

compustar artic start rt4200

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
repmud 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
the compustar comes with a relay that is hooked into the 8 pin 14awg wires. The wires out from the brain are red-12v constant,
GREEN / WHITE- pwr to parking light,
RED / white-12v constant (starter accesory),
blue- selectable by jumper,
yellow-12v output to starter,
green+red (2 seperate wires from the same pin)-ouput to ignition,
black-ground.
Into the relay are the red wire, that is in the same pin as the green wire from the brain,(12v ouput to ignition) # 86 on relay,
the yellow wire (12v output to starter
pin # 87 on relay.
Out from the relay are yellow wire pin #87 on relay, yellow/black wire out from pin # 30 on relay
purple wire out from pin # 85 on the relay (male connector out).
Question is what do I do with the purple and yellow/black wire comming out of the relay and does it have anything to do with the hooking up a clutch bypass? There is a purple wire with a female connector on it for stater dissable on another pin connector. There is also an option to hook the purple wire (8pin harness) to a RED / black wire (another connector) to make the second iggnition positive ( I don't think I need to do that option)
I'm putting it in a 2002 cavalier. JSchult3 hooked me up with wiring info for the car and gneral clutch bypass (my other post). I'm new to this so I not exactly sure what I am doing.
thanks
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

The relay that has the yellow and yellow / black wire is the starter kill relay. Cut the starter wire and the key side goes to the yellow / black and the starter side goes to the yellow. The violet wire on this relay should be connected to the violet wire on molex CN2 (pin3), the - out for starter kill.

Now this is for a Compustar CM4200 brain from a 2WAMS model. I am going to imagine that your is the same. The violet wire from the starter kill relay should have a male end on it that matches to the female end of the second molex.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
repmud 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
yes exaclty (male/female bullet). Thanks for the help. If I don't want to use the starter kill I can eliminate the relay and the red wire comming from the GREEN/ red on the 8 wire connector? Then I would just hook up the yellow wite to the starter wire on the car?
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic