icon

Viper 790XV not paging?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdmmaSTER 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

I just finished installing the viper 790XV into a 2000 civic CX (the wiring guide on this board and on directed's board is all wrong....)anyways, everything is working fine except the keyfob does not receive confirmations or alerts from the brain. I have tried all the combinations on the keyfob configuration, is there a setting in the main brain that needs to be changed or is the keyfob screwed. Any info will be appriciated.

Also, has anyone installed this alarm on a 2000 civic before, where is the RED / black light flasher wire, that according to directwire is supposed to be above the fuse box????

Thanks in advance...

Assumptions are the ideas of fools
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Ugh just a question..what is a 'keyfob?' is that the keypad or something?
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
jdmmaSTER 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

Teamrf wrote:
Ugh just a question..what is a 'keyfob?' is that the keypad or something?

It's the remote.

jdmmaSTER 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone???

Here's what happens:

I'll press a button (arm/disarm), the alarm works (arms/disarms) but instead of the little door lock icon changing, a the little antenna flashes and the remote beeps three times. The Rx (receive) icon never flashes. So could this be the keffob of the antenna??

ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah it is the remote, the 790xv alarm remotes suck, most likely it is the internal antenna, have you dropped the remote at all?  One way to check is try to arm the alarm, if it beeps three times, hit the remote against your thigh with a little force and try to arm it again, I know its ghetto, but it worked for me for a couple months.  Had to replace mine with the blue one, it is much better though, even comes with a belt clip.  Can't remember where the RED / black flasher wire is located, but I am doing some mercury switch work tomorrow I'll check.
brunetmj 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
Was this ever resolved? I have the same problem with my DEI python XP881 (Viper baby brother). It is not the antenna or the remote as I have replaced both. Remote works but does not recieve a transmission back to confirm.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
those remotes have the similar issues. the 3pin solder harness brakes off, inside other remote.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
mladams 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
I was  goin to get the python 881XP. Is there any reason I should not go with that one.  I know someone who has the 780XV and hasn't had any problem with it. Any info would be great thanks.
Matt Adams
Electrical Engineer Major
York College of PA
Chevy Cavy Rally Sport
brunetmj 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
I really like the python 881XP. It has worked exceptionally well other than the problem I am now having with paging.I have a number of add on's like auto window roll up when locking, prox sensor, glass sensor battery backup,voice module etc. and everything installed well worked the first time without problems.
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
I've purchased the Python 2-way fm peger alarm when it first came out with those grey remotes and I had to send it back to dei. remotes were badly constructed. I received the new black remote and it was cool for a while till it does not send back no page when the alarm is set off. I'm really not happy the leading alarm manufacture is starting to slack off with there products.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic