icon

03 maxima bose system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MikeHusain 
Copper - Posts: 139
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone knows how i can add an amplifier to my bose system that i have in my 03 maxima.  I still want to keep the factory head unit, but i want to change all the speakers and add a sub. there is a bose amplifier in the back of the trunk, and i was wondering if i can just use the input wires from the amplifier and cut them and put them in my new amplifier? Basically, I just need an input signal from the stereo and I will just hard wire the speaker wires to each door myself. How do I know which wires are the front left, front rear, rear right, rear left speaker wires? the system also has a 8 inch sub in the back. Any ideas?....thanks......
Tangkilla69 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
If you are just adding an amp for another sub(s) then you should be able to use an LOC tapped into the factory sub wires.  If you are adding a four channel for the mids and highs then I would use a Vendetta 4, which is made by Peripheal,  and tap in behind the radio to the signal wires.  I'm not sure on the colors but a basic harness for that car should be able to help point you in the right direction on that one.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

First off, it's good that you're willing to run new wire to the aftermarket speakers.  That will REALLY make the install a lot easier.

As for the actual signal, Peripheral and Soundgate would work well.  Peripheral actually has a new version of the Vendetta ("Super VEN 4") but it should work just as well as the older model.

I'm not sure on the actual colors of the factory wiring, but I'm almost positive that the plugs themselves are just the standard Nissan 95-up.  Just the wires that would normally be output directly to the speaker are instead output to the appropriate input on the bose amp.  You should be able to match up the pins with the wires, using a diagram such as this one for reference.

Or even easier, unplug your bose head unit, grab yourself a nissan radio harness, individually tape off the power wires (to prevent an electrical short), and plug the harness into the factory wiring.  Since the wires of the harness correspond to the EIA color standard (and they're labeled too!), you can just match up the corresponding wires of the factory harness.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
MikeHusain 
Copper - Posts: 139
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

So do u mean that I can purchase a harness that will plug directly into the back of the bose head unit and it will provide all the wires that I need? Is that what the interface does? Thanks for your time.........

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic