icon

Eclipse Quality?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phuzun 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
I currently have some 8615's that I bought in like 98.  2 actually.  I had them sitting around for a few years, so I'm using them again.  On an alpine m350, they are 8ohm and bridged parrallel.  I'd say they sound really good, even for the age. 
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse equals excellent quality! You will be happy with that deck it has so many features its unbelieveable. I don't care for Rockford and wouldn't put the junk in my ride. I run Diamond speakers with Eclipse amps, subs and wouldn't run anything else.
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply guys. Like to hear the support. (For some reason I hold raven's opinion highly on the boards and I like hearing the approval.) Esp since I've put some effort into obtaining this stuff. Now given, the rockford touch is courtesy of BB, eventually I'll be looking at components in the door probably or a kick panel setup to handle a nice 3-way or 4-way. Not even considering that right now, so not looking for any suggestions. I am looking at putting a center channel in sooner then that though, anyone know of a good center channel design/company to refer me to? (Website perferably). I get the head unit put in tomorrow, yay.

ANYONE with EXPERIENCE with the CD8454, can you tell me how hard it will be to do the imaging process for the car? Like does memory stick come with, what kinda adapter will I need? Basically what additional materials will I need to sync up the stick to the PC and interact with the HU

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
whywait 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
Eclipse isn't exactly my favorite right now... they've had my 5423 Headunit on and off since september for warranty work. And honestly i'm gettin a little pissed off with there service... but go for it if you want
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse is good stuff! Just be nice to it and it will be nice to you :)
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2005 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, a slight problem I'm finding occuring since I've gotten this Thursday. Had it installed by the dealer that I bought it through. Worked great until Sunday afternoon where I was driving down the highway and it just completely stopped, like it turned off instantly without any good bye. Couldn't get it back on, took it all the way there for a reset (DOH). Never lost it's power since it didn't require my CD. Well then last night on the way to work the screen froze up and when I tried to change to the display config it went pissy and just stopped working for sound. Reset it myself, works again. Anyone have a clue on the problem? The 2nd time the guy said it might be a voltage spike problem. All my elecrical is working(Horn, dome light, etc) and the fuse at the head unit is fine.

Sidenote: I did take my 6x9 speakers out Friday so I could get on my rear deck and fix the vibration problems with some dynamat.

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic