icon

Diamond Audio subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sinistar 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
So I'm putting together a solid system and have now come to a crossroads. I have gotten my 2 new amps, Diamond Audio 1200.1 for the subs, DA 600.4 for my interior sound which is pretty well set. So I'm lookin out there for subs and was gonna do 2 -10" Eclipse Aluminums until they changed their design and heard got a bit chincy. I heard the old aluminums many times and always liked the sound. My subs will be molded into the wheel well sealed most likely so I'm looking for something that will be good with less air space and have great sound as well. Taking out Rockford Fosgate now. 'm a big metal, rock, rap guy so it needs to be well rounded. Read up on RE, Adire, JL and others but thought about matching the subs with the amps and haven't heard much about the DA subs. any opinions or input? 
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
I used to have the M6 12's installed, they sounded okay but just wasn't happy. I decided to install a pair of SW8122DVC Eclipse subs and what a difference in sound quality... The Eclipse subs walk all over the Diamonds.
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
sinistar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, the SW8122's and 8102's are the stuff, I agree. Those are the ones I heard and loved. Not real sure on the new 7104-7124 series Eclipse though. Maybe I should try to find a pair of new 8102's which I didn't really consider, just was thinking new design, but in this case older may be better.

Lizardking 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
www.woofersetc.com carries them!!
sinistar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious what the difference between the SW8102 and the 88100 series is. I'm sure Lizardking knows.
sinistar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the M6 is what I thought was the Diamond subs I was looking at, but most likely the TDX after I looked at the specs. Not sure if that would make a huge difference, but thats what I'm looking at. TDX series Diamond or an older series Eclipse. So many decisions, so little time.
vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

If you want to listen to the TDX in a small sealed enclosure, you need to give me a call and I can meet with you. Send me a pm. - Dave

jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
TDX are pimp dude, i've heard them before and they're pretty sweet.. i would reccomend them
Lizardking 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
Before I would get the TDX's I would buy the Eclipse Ti series!!!
sinistar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
I see that the Eclipse Titaniums and DA TDX are along the same lines. Very beefy sub that eats power like there's no tomorrow. I think I've come to the conclusion that if i were to go the TDX route, I would have to buy another 1200.1 to run them properly and get them the sufficient power. Me, being on a budget and wanted to conserve as much trunck space as possible am probably going to buy the older 8000 or 88000 seris Eclipse since I have heard them many times and think they will mesh well with the 1200.1. Went and listened to Vinspo's setup and it was nothing short of unbelievable, but he has the power to back um up. Thanks for all the help and I'm on the old Eclipse hunt right now. peace
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic