icon

Remote Starter '92 Mercury Sable

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scubby11 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Surestart 57 that I am installing on my older Murcury Sable. The installation is almost complete and I noticed that on the remote starter it has a couple of wires to hook up to Lock Output (-) and another that says Unlock Output (-). The car has electric locks but I never had a remote that came with it when I bought the car. Can I just hook these wires up to the wires that are for the lock in order to enable a couple extra features of the remote starter system or is there more involved?

When I pulled up the wiring  diagram on this site for a security system/remote starter it says the Door Lock is at the driver's kick Panel Reverse Polarity and Door Unlock is W/Keyless Negative Trigger.

Can someone give me some input on this?

mladams 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
you should be fine to just tap into those. Make sure that you don't need relays to activate the doorlocks. If it is reverse polarity, take an inline fuse and tap both the lock and unlock wires to ground. if nothing happens tap them to 12v. if still nothing happens you need relays. Otherwise you should be fine.
Matt Adams
Electrical Engineer Major
York College of PA
Chevy Cavy Rally Sport
scubby11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know where these wires are for the auomatic locks? Or how to gain access to them?
scubby11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone also tell me where these wires get hook up at in the car?

GRAY WIRE - CRANK INPUT. IF USING THE INTERNAL STARTER BYPASS RELAY, CUT THE CRANK WIRE AT THE IGNITION SWITCH AND CONNECT THE GRAY WIRE TO THE SIDE COMING FROM THE SWITCH. THE ORANGE / WHITE WIRE CONNECTS TO THE CRANK SIDE. THE INTERNAL RELAY IS N/O.

YELLOW/BLACK - 15 AMP 2ND IGNITION OUTPUT. RELAY IS BUILT-IN. YOU MAY WANT TO CONNECT THE ADDITIONAL IGNITIONS OF THE VEHICLE TO THE YELLOW WIRE.

scubby11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

Do any of you guys think you can chime in and give a little input on this?

Thanks

mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure about the ignition wires but the door locks should be Pink/Green Pink / YELLOW in the drivers kickpanel under the carpet in a large harness that look like it goes into the door.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic