icon

Polk DB 460 4x6 speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Doc_kracken 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone tell me if these speakers will fit in the dash of a 2001 chevy blazer and are they hard to install? Does the dash have to be removed or can they just be dropped in.

Thanks for any help, this is a great forum

Mike

audeogod 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

I'm new to this site, so I don't know if you can find that info here or not other than just someone telling you.  But I do know that Crutchfield sells those speakers and their website has an area where you can put in your vehicle make and year and it will tell you what all they sell that will fit.  Go there and try it.  If this is one of the speakers they offer, then it should work. 

However, there is still the concern of the magnet size.  I have a 92 Chevy Cheyenne pickup that has 4x6's in the dash.  I recently tried to install a pair of Sony Xplod 4x6's and they fit just fine until I discovered that the grill would not go back on.  Turned out that the spacer they included with the speakers was too thick.  If I took it off and put on a thinner one(this speaker had to have a spacer because of the way it was made), then the magnet hit on the heater ducts in the dash and wouldn't go down low enough to mount right.

Having said all that, I have a Crutchfield catalog here in front of me and the picture of the Polk db460 looks like the spacer plate is all made together on the speaker instead of being separate which should make it thin enough to work with no worries. 

I know your truck is a lot newer than mine so my example may not even be how your's would be, but I still thought it was worth mentioning.

Doc_kracken 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info, I will check crutchfield out !   :-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic