icon

ITT vs. Devry vs. others?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whiteblazer01 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone have any take aways from some technical schools?  What did you learn?  What would you like to have learned? Would you do it again if you could go back?  Any feedback is appreciated. 

P.S.  if you can't tell, I'm considering attending a technical school.  I really want to learn about electronics and robotics (yeah I know some stuff as I'm an installer, but I'm talking a higher level).   Thanks!!!

whiteblazer01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
nobody know anything about these technical schools?  Am I in the right forum?  ITT vs. Devry vs. others? -- posted image.
techie51 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

Both are not bad schools. The only thing to remember those schools do not count as college credit. That is if you decide you do not like what you have gone for. Take it from me, I went to school for about 6 years getting computer certs. Those four years I could have had a BA atleast. Don't get me wrong both schools are nice. I would get a statement from them asking what their placement rate is for the schooling you are taking. Some schools teach things better and have better placement. Watch them though they do get commission for signing.

Even if you have a degree in an off the wall subject like landscaping,etc... You will get more clout with a creditable degree when applying for a job.  But any education is a good one. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

whiteblazer01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
interesting...
Doyledee 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
I went two years at ITT and got an associates degree in applied science of electronic engineering technology. I really don't use my degree for electronics because I work in the engineering/facilities/repairing  field.  It is good to have because it shows I can and will apply my knowledge in the job market....  This type of schooling only teaches you the "basics" of electronics.. What type of job you choose will teach you what you need to know about that type of field...... After graduating I started working for GTech---- the company that takes care of many state's lottery equipment . It wasn't a bad job but didn't pay what I expected---only experience does. I wound up leaving that job and going into the facilities management positions. This type of job needs a person that has all types of skills.  If I had to do it over again I would go another year and get a Bachelor's degree......Any schooling helps out=====it shows you put yourself into education of a higher level..... 
97 Sebring Jx convertible
1500 RF amp with 2-10" Lanzar subs
2005 suzuki Katana 600
Wiseguyzzinc 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Devry and ITT are not bad schools i hear, but they will cost more money than a regualar college depending where you go, i prefer going to an actual college and major in electrical or mechanical engineering, its a little bit cheaper too I think, but if you really want to go to Devry or ITT then thats great, like techie51 said, any advanced education after highschool is a good one. what state do live in? if your near chicago ever you might want to check out the Illinois Instute of Technology, ive never been there but, I was recomended it by a counseler in high school when i was looking at technical schools at the time, until i chose University of IL.
Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
ok that was stupid lol why the hell did i use my old user name? lol
Clarion DXZ745MP
Kove ZX504
Kove AG1400
Kove 12" T3 Armageddon
Kove 6.5" Compaxials
WILDER 6.5" Pro-Audio Drivers
Custom Pre-amp
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

Well I have to update this..DeVry is not a UNIVERSITY. I go there, and my credits will transfer to any tradional school. I would reccomend DeVry...I haven't heard much about ITT in a while.

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
I live in the tampa area and let me tell you i have heard nothing but excellent things about that devry university. Taking courses online appeals to me much, and such a positive response makes me curious... Maybe i should get another degree to keep me busy.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic