icon

Sirius Tuner Installation?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nyper 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

I just purchased a CR-SRT100 Sirius tuner for my Panasonic head unit. I have a Terk low-profile antenna. I connected the tuner to the head unit, and plugged the antenna to the tuner, and put it on the roof.

The head unit just says 'acquiring signal', and will never get signal or do anything. It does the same thing if the antenna isn't even connected. So do I have a bad antenna? The splitter than connects the antenna to the tuner got very hot after about 5 minutes and had a burning smell to it. Anyone?

whiteblazer01 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

Is the antenna installed?  If so, try uninstalling it, check the wire for any pinches or cuts, and if its clear, plug it in to the tuner box.  If it still says acquring signal, then the antenna is bad.  This should usually be done before the antenna is installed just to be sure it works when you get it, and the problem was due to installation. 

nyper 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks. I've already taken the tuner completely out, checked all of the wires, and everything visible is ok. I just wish I could find somewhere within an hour of here to buy a new antenna! I don't want to wait to get one that I purchase online. Ooooh well.

Thanks for the suggestion!

live42day 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Did you call sirius and have it activated? You may have already, but I didn't see you mention activating the unit. That has to be done before it will work.
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
i do not claim to be an expert here...but a burning smell in your vehicle is never a good thing...and if you unplugged the antenna from the tuner and it still said acquiring signal...problem is not your antenna...or not just your antenna...with the antenna unplugged the display should say "antenna"...unplug the antenna and try hitting the reset button on the tuner...if it does not have one that disconnect it and leave it alone for ten minutes or so...then try again...if it still says no signal or acquiring signal...don't panic right away...i've seen this before on some sirius tuners...park your vehicle where it has a clear view obviously...read your manual...and find out what you have to do to get the tuner to channel 184...the preview channel...i say to rtfm(read the f'n manual) because some of the buttons may do nothing...hope some of this helps...and by the way...you might want to look into that burning smell
jakkar2992 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  

I had the same problem last night when I install my sirrus turner.  I called Sirrus and they didn't know what to do; they referred me to the dealer.  However, I made them send me several signals.  I waited about 15 minutes and the system started working.  I believe I was in a location that my antenna was not able to get signal.  Example:  I was parked in the garage  when I was trying to activate it.  Once I went to a different location, I begain to get more channels, etc.  Hope this helps. 

I got the Sir-mini antenna and installed it inside my car on the back dash. 

jakkar2992

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic