icon

95 Maxima, Hornet alarm/starter problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madlou 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

I have a 95 Maxima SE and had a Hornet Alarm with remote start installed in Jan. '96.  It has worked fine for the last 9 yrs - until this morning.  Last night I refilled the windshield washer fluid and now this morning, when I tried the remote start, the alarm went off.  I had to disconnect everything from the + terminal of the battery to make it stop.  Thought the hood trigger was bad, but when disconnected (open circuit) or hardwired to ground (closed)-there is no change - the alarm still goes off when I reconnect the battery.  Neither of my remotes stops the alarm (I'm sure the batteries are fine, just replaced them).  The actual siren is mounted near the fill tube for the washer fluid and I did spill some.  I don't know what model the Hornet is.  BTW, the "valet" switch/button under the dash has never worked if that makes a difference.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks, Madlou

italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
i was gonna say hit the valet button to kill the alarm..thats  not good that it doesnt work!  are you sure youre pressing the valet switch the right number of times?  you have to turn the ignition on and then hit  the valet switch, try that and see what happens.
madlou 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the post Jimmy.

Turned out to be a problem with my battery (go figure it was something simple95 Maxima, Hornet alarm/starter problems - Last Post -- posted image.).  The remote now works to set/turn off the alarm and consequently lock/unlock doors, however now the remote start does not work.  It's colder than......(fill in the blank)....up here in Maryland.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Madlou

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic