icon

Remote Start on 2004 colorado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ZQ8pAUL 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Alright guys, I've been lurking around here for a while, and have posted a couple times, and now I have a question. I've been doing a little research into adding a remote starter to my 2004 colorado. It has a manual transmission so I'll definately need a remote starter for manual transmissions. My question is, how do I hook it up in my colorado? I currently have a viper alarm in my truck (can't remember the model off the top of my head) And I'm really not that happy with it. The shop that did the install seems like they did a sloppy job, so I'm looking to ditch that alarm for a better one that also has remote start.

Any input would be welcome, and thanks in advance,

Paul Snow

slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
ZQ8pAUL 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome, thanks for the info. My only other question is what do I need to do since the truck didn't come with factory power doorlocks. I have since added power doorlocks, with the DEI 451M (i think) module to allow me to use them with my alarm.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
jsut hook up the negative door lock outputs from alarm to the very thin green and blue wires on the 451m
johnnydi77 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

A good choice for that truck would be an astrostart 3106U. I installed one a week ago and was impressed with it.

John J. DiStefano Jr.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic