icon

Pioneer DEH-P2000 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sonya71 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1992 Ford Probe GL and in it I have a Pioneer DEH-P2000.  I've had the stereo in it since 1999-2000.  Recently I had some auto repair work done on it (manafold) and since then I can't get the stereo to work.  It beeps when the car starts and sometimes works but only briefly.  The auto shop said it waswn't anything they did, but it was.   I feel theres a short, what do you think I should do to fix it?  Any and all help is appreciated!

Sonya S Martin
audeogod 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

I cannot say it was or wasn't the auto shop.  The work they did may have involved them disconnecting the battery.  Have you had any other troubles besides the stereo not working right(electrical that is)??  The battery connection may not have been put back on a solidly(but that's probably not what it is if everything else works).  Maybe even the vehicle's chassis ground could be loose.  A loose ground will cause all kinds of problems.

Other than that, you should check the connections in the dash where the wires are spliced or connected by plug or whatever.  Just check all the connections to see if any are loose including where the plug goes into the back of the stereo.   And also check at the fuse panel to see if any fuses are not in good and tight.

The problem sounds to me like a loose connection somewhere.  But somewhere can be a big place if you don't know where to look.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

Pull out the radio.....disconect it....put your meter or probe, (whatever you have) on each of the power wires, yellow and red and jiggle the crap out of the harness. Also shaked the crap ouyt of the readio itself, thats an older unit TRUE?

If you used a harness adapter, check the connections between the 2. If its hard wired, check the fuse box (including the one under the hood)for radio related fuses. Last but NOT least.........ground!

sonya71 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
audeogod
I haven't had any other problems, just the stereo.  I had a problem with my exhaust manifold, and that's what the auto shop fixed for me.  I've pulled out the stereo checked the wiring, everything looks good.  I'm at a loss.
Sonya S Martin
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

I'd say your problem is unrelated to the mechanical work.  If your deck has a reset button, you may try that, or Ieave it disconnected for a couple hours.  If it sometimes comes on, and sometimes doesn't, it could be a problem with your speaker leads shorting intermittently.  You could pull the deck and measure speaker impedence if you have a meter.  The other two gave good advice as well.  Ensure you have a good constant, and that your accessory receives power with the key on.  Also make sure your ground wire is just that- and has low resistance.

If none of that does it, then I'd take this opportunity to upgrade your deck.  I'll have to congratulate you, though- my experiences with Pioneer decks has never been great, so for a deck to last 5 years you must have done something right.Pioneer DEH-P2000 problem -- posted image.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
audeogod 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
I sent you a personal message to reply to the one you sent me.  Did you get it??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic