icon

T1 vs. HX2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't heard the new Rockford Fosgate T1's, but i'm curious to know if they sound as good or better than the HX2's. I am a big HX2 fan, so let me know.
Oh, good by the way in comparison is
- Sound Quality
- SPL (db)
- Frequency Range

Thanks,

Tony
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
sinistar 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

I just listened to 2-T1 10's in a ported box and was very impressed. Nice lookin speaker and was hittin real hard with a BD 1000 pushin. Heard a single T1-12 too. I myself am getting rid of my Punch HX-2's because I didn't like the sound they put out. The T1's seem to hit more of the frequency range than the HX2's. The T1's are actually more comparable to the Power HX2's, but are less bulky. They have the weird new surround design. I hadn't thought of going with new Fosgate subs. Leaning towards the older Eclipse's, but have something to think about now. Very nice I must say. Construction seemed real solid on them too. Have no idea what type of SPL these are capable of putting out. I plan on pushin whatever I get with a Diamond Audio 1200.1, so these would be a perfect fit for that wattage range. Very decent I must say.

xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
My old 3110 HX2's were super subs. I would have to say that they were the loudest thing I had ever heard in car audio. Now as far as SQ goes, hahahaha, HX2 means loud, not clear. And Fq Range, HX2's are designed for 120-20hz, pure and simple bass. Unforuntately I haven't had a chance to see any of the T series woofers though as sinistar said I have heard that they are also very excellent woofer.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
The t1 subs are very impressive subs, best in a ported enclosure, one of the loudest subs I have heard. In my opinion one of the best for the price. I know they are ratte at 1000 rms but they will handel around 1800 rms of clean power. the only problems I have run with this sub is not to many grill options, and I have had people come back to me to build a custom box, because the one they built blew apart. The box has to be constructed very tight. I use 1" mdf for these boxes. never had a problem with my box. I am very confident you will enjoy these subs
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much, i appreciate it?

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic